8

We've been here for two and a half hours now. I'm trying to enjoy myself, but this situation is far from ideal. Yes, I'm spending time with a guy I like who happens to be one of my favourite youtubers, but I can't find my best friend.

I'm trying to have fun with the guys. They really are awesome, trying to make me laugh and include me in things. I'm even in Jerome's vlog. Unless he cuts that part out. Kinda hope he does, as it involved me battling Mat in a sumotori soft-play set up. Needless to say, I didnt win. Believe me, I tried my very best. Definitely going to hit the weights at the gym when I'm home. And learn to remove clumsiness from my list of anti-skills. I may have tripped on my own foot before we even started.

But enough about that. I've been sending texts to Jenna left, right and centre. My signal isn't great - I only get one bar here and there. I'm going to have to look for her the old-fashioned way: with my eyes. Of course, I have been looking out for her everywhere we have been, and have scoured the audiences at all of the talks (one of note: CaptainSparklez - he's super nice and funny in real life too), but it's extremely difficult when there are SO many people.

Funny, there are thousands of people that love MineCraft, but I only have one real life friend who plays. And I met her online.

It's not like I hide my little hobby, but I don't exactly broadcast it either. If people checked my twitter (which they probably won't as I haven't followed anyone I actually know...) they'd see a few MineCraft-related tweets. Or even if they checked my instagram. There's probably one there somewhere. Yes, I think I instagrammed my foam pick axe. Because I'm really cool.

I do, however, hide my youtube channel. Well, Jenna and mine's. Jenna, shoot. I really must stop drifting off.

Double shoot. Mitch is gone. Jerome is gone. And, you guessed it, Mat is gone too. How long was I out?

I spin around twice to make sure they definitely aren't in the near vicinity. All this does is make me dizzy.

I'm in a busy area with lots of stalls selling random MineCraft merchandise. Usually I'd be all over that. But right now I need to prioritise: find youtuber guides, find Jenna, THEN buy "Keep Calm And Mine" Mug.

Maybe Jenna should be top of the list, but I feel that having accomplished goal #1 I'll be better prepared for #2.

Actually, while I'm here, I may as well buy a mug.

---

A mug, a keychain and a foam sword later, I'm in a cafe. I'm sorry, but a girl has to eat. I need carbs and nourishment for the upcoming panic attack when I don't find my friend and spend the rest of my life on the streets of New York. Chocolate might help, too. (Dark chocolate, of course.)

When I finish eating, and start thinking again, I put my head in my hands.

This is really bad. Like, really, really bad.

I am never travelling again. Never ever. I'm going to live in a bubble in my room at home. People will bring me things and I'll be in the news for being "the girl that does not move", or, in the tabloids, "crazy girl that becomes extreme hermit".

This is silly. I can't hide in my hands forever. If I stay like this I'll probably fall asleep, and that won't help the situation one bit.

With a sigh I fold my arms and hold my head up, neck and back straight. I glance to my left and right. I probably look like a meerkat.

I like meerkats.

And then it hits me.

---

"Oww." What the heck was that?

"Sorry! Sorry!" A little kid is running up to me. I notice a small creeper toy seems to have appeared on my lap. It's plastic, not soft.

"Um, can I have that back now? I need to go soon." Oh. Sorry, small person, that my head got in the way of your toy and it landed on my lap. Please forgive me while I recoil in pain before handing you back your weapon of choice.

"Yeah." I hand it back.

As I look up, I notice something: A very blonde head in the distance, about to disappear from view around a corner. Jenna? Not many people have THAT platinum blonde hair and style (she enjoys a good backcomb).

I get up quickly and start walking fast. Woah, dizzy.

I leave the cafe area and start walk/running. It's kind of awkward to run when you're amongst a crowd of people.

I start imagining myself running and jumping every two seconds, like I always seem to do in video games that allow it. So now I'm hobbling along awkwardly with a smile on my face. Great.

Damn. Which way did she go?

I pick a direction and go with it. Then I look back to the other direction to see if I missed spotting her.

Then I run right into someone and their drinks - smoothies, I think - spill everywhere.