Chapter 10:The Truth about Mona

Ava-

"Oh my gosh! Dina it was so perfect. I just like I wouldn't change a thing." I said to Dina.

I was telling her about my date with Mona the other night. It couldn't have gone any better.

"Yeah. I'm glad you had fun. She seems nice." Dina said.

"Yeah she is. Dina like seriously. I know you think I'm a crazed hopeless romantic but it just feels so right, right now." I said.

"Ava, it is too early in the game to be catching feelings babe. I'm really glad you like this girl or whatever. But just chill out just a lil bit." Dina said.

"I'm trying. I'm seriously holding back. We been out three times, and I just dig her." I said.

"That's fine love, really it is. But Ava baby please be easy." Dina said.

I exhaled loudly, and rolled my eyes at the ceiling.

"I'm easy. I'm being really easy." I said.

"Good. I think I'm gonna stay late tonight, we still have so much to do." Dina said.

"You sure? I know Mike likes you home early. It's no problem, I can handle whatever is leftover after five." I said.

"No Ava, I can't dump the work on you like that. I have to balance our accounts, order some stuff, and take stock of the storage room." Dina said.

"You sure? Is Mike ok with this?" I asked.

"Yeah I called him earlier, and he's alright. He's probably gonna go kick with his brother this evening anyway." Dina said.

"Ok fine wit me." I said. We began to work, and converse, and soon five rolled around, and in came Harrison. He was in his usual all black security uniform.

"Good evening ladies." Harrison said as he signed in on his daily log.

"Hey." I said simply.

"Hi." Dina said.

"You all doing alright this evening?" Harrison asked.

"Just fine." Dina said.

"Wonderful" I said.

Dina and me were being short with Harrison for reasons. I was short because every time we talked he was always trying to flirt. Dina was short because she didn't like him because he openly flirted with me and he was married. So there's that.

"Hey Ava, did you ever talk to Chantel again after she randomly popped up that one time." Dina asked.

"No I haven't seen her since. Hopefully it stays that way." I said.

"Yeah hopefully. You know I had an ex to call me the other day." Dina said.

"For real? Who?" I asked.

"This guy I use to date. His name is Lucas. We use to date way back when. It was so weird that he just up and called me like that. He said he was gonna be in town, wanted to know if I could grab lunch." Dina said.

"Psh! Does he know you're married?" I asked.

"He wasn't aware at first. But then I told him. And he was still like but can we still grab lunch." Dina said.

"Really? Wow." I said.

"Could I interject?" Harrison said interjecting.

"Umm how about no." Dina said.

"Don't be like that. Yeah?" I said laughing at Dina.

"I don't see a problem." Harrison said.

"What?" Dina and I both said confused.