twelve

"Look, princess. I don't know who you think you are, but regardless to what Manson thinks, I think you aren't worth shit." I look up from where I'm sitting to see a girl I recognize. I'm not sure where I recognize her from until she smiles. It's not a friendly smile. Her teeth are razor sharp and her eyes are glittering black. Shark girl. I saw her in the Freak Show when Manson let me watch.

"What?" I ask, completely dumbfounded.

"Oh, and she's deaf, too, Felix." Shark girl laughs, throwing a glance over her shoulder to the guy behind her. His arms were covered in intricately drawn tattoos, and he had dark hair that fell in his eyes. He looked relatively normal, but then again I'm just a girl with pegs in my back. 

"Pretty hot body, though." Felix laughs condescendingly, looking at me with such a sleazy look that my skin was crawling. 

"Who are you-" I ask and then immediately regret it when Shark Girl turns on me.

"I'm Emmerson. I'm an actual freak, you know. Not some fairy princess playing dress up. Like you." She chuckled darkly to herself, taking the fabric of my dress between her fingers and tugging, ripping the expensive fabric as Felix laughed.

"I'm still holding to the bid that she's hot as fuck, Em." Felix laughed. 

"You're disgusting." Emmerson scoffed.

"Hey, baby, if you get tired of lover boy, feel free to hit up my tent. I'll bet he's a lousy lay anyways, huh?" Felix smirked, eyes traveling every part of my body, lingering in some places more than others. He reached out and put his hand on my waist, pressing my back against the wall. I try to jerk away, but he holds me tighter. I hear footsteps, but I can't see where they're coming from. 

"Hey, Rose- what the fuck?" I hear a familiar voice, and I almost melt into a puddle of relief.

I look up to see blonde hair, blue eyes, and a furious glare. His jaw muscle flexes and he yanks Felix off of me, and before Felix can even swing, Grayson has knocked him to the ground. He tries to get up, but Grayson presses his boot onto the other boy's chest, putting pressure over his rip cage. The boy coughs and wheezes, the corner of his mouth dripping blood and a purple bruise already beginning to mark his face. 

"Stay the hell away from her." Grayson growls at Felix as I stand there, utterly helpless. And it feels so terrible, so disgusting that I couldn't even defend myself. 

Emmerson walks over to Grayson slowly, her walk fluid and predatory. She places one finger on Grayson's chest and pushes him backwards. He obliges, taking his foot off of Felix. She bares her teeth at him.

"You lay hands on my brother again, pretty boy? You and I are going to talk. Maybe Princess wouldn't like you so much if you weren't so pretty." She says, grabbing his throat, and for some reason, Grayson doesn't make a move to stop her. He's frozen in terror as she brings her face closer to his neck. She presses her lips to the sensitive skin of his throat and I want more than ever to kill her blatantly. 

She turns her head slightly, and Grayson winces. The newly cut nick on his throat sprouting bright crimson. She chuckles, her tongue making a path across the cut, licking the blood from his neck.  She pulls back and looks pointedly at me, giggles, waves and helps Felix up and they both disappear as Grayson touches the cut on his neck nervously.

"Are you okay, Rosalie?" He asks, rushing to my side. I glare at the last place I saw Emmerson before she disappeared into a tent. 

"No, I sure as hell am not okay."