six

"Today is the day, my love. Today is the day." The door bangs open loudly, revealing a smiling Manson. His eyes are electrified. It's almost like he took a cat's eyeballs and somehow implanted them into his skull, which, knowing Manson, wouldn't be much of a shock. 

I try to clamber to my feet quickly, but my body is so sore, and my limbs so weak that my knees give out and I collapse to the floor. Manson seems to find enjoyment in this. His laughter is childlike and eerie. Just his presence is enough to make me run and cower. 

"Today is the d-day for what?" I barely creak out, my throat a desert. I feel as if pieces of my skin are crumbling inside my esophagus. 

"The day you grow your wings, my beauty. The day you become my star!" He says, spinning himself around the room. He laughs and hands me a bottle of water. I almost knock myself out as I clamber into a somewhat sitting position. I guzzle the water, all of it's contents spilling down my throat and reviving the wasteland of my body. I'm careful not to spill any; I need every drop my body can take. 

Manson watches me intently, making sure I drink it entirely and his efforts are not wasted. I try to ignore his eyes on me, try to pretend that my skin doesn't have goosebumps, try to pretend that I'm not scared to death.

"Grayson and Aphrodite cannot wait for you to be ready. They're already occupying the tent that you shall share. I don't think they were disappointed, although Grayson did make a very strong case on not wanting to wait for you to move in." He says, sitting down across from me, his legs crossed underneath him. He props his elbows on his knees and his face rests against his fists as he watches me with such intensity I feel as if I've faded to nothing.

"He did?" I ask, interest piqued.  He laughs at this.

"Why, my angel girl, are you doubting his feelings for you?" He says, utterly amused at my expense. I wish I could just reach out and claw his eyes out, but I can't make my limbs function properly, can't move, can't- I can't 

Move, can't move, and am I breathing? I forget. The seconds rush into hours into days into years and I can't remember can't fathom

who am I?

Breathe, why can't I breathe?

"Oh, someone's not feeling well!" I hear Manson giggle and I realize that for the second time, Manson has drugged me.

Camden-

There are flashes of his face behind my eyelids and he's saying something. He's saying something but I can't hear, why can't I hear? His lips are moving but no sound comes out, and I want to hug my brother and tell him I'm sorry, that I'm so sorry, that I never meant to-

Black, swirling black enters my vision and my body feels like it's in a free fall, and there is nothing around to catch me, no ending to the fall, just endless black matter. 

"This is going to hurt," I hear Camden say, laughing. At least I think it's Camden, I can't see him anymore, and oh god-

Breathe, breathe, breathe 

My lungs are stuffed full of cotton and I can't get enough air, can't 

And then I'm tipped over the edge, and completely gone.