Chapter 16

Thranduil's POV

Ever since the other day when I found Evelyn on the ground, she's been acting rather odd. She looked petrified when I touched her shoulder. The way she backed away from me like that, was unlike her.

She been acting so cautious and I don't think she's slept since then. She's afraid of sleeping I guess because sometimes we'll be in the library reading or even at dinner and she'll fall asleep. Of corse only for a split second, she doesn't take a moment to rest.

Evelyn's always asking me questions to make sure I'm the "real" me or what ever that means. She says it's only for her own protection, but I'm right here. What other protection does she need?

I'm staring to worry about her. She look sick all the time and she's not eating either. Whenever she's in her room, it's like she's afraid to leave.

Being blind doesn't help her weariness either. It actually makes it much worse. Normally she's very calm and collected about things, but not this. I haven't seen her like this since the day we traveled to Lord Hurons palace.

I ask her if she's alright and she says she's fine but it's hard to believe.

So I went to my father about it, I thought maybe he'd know what to do.

"Father there's a problem."

"What is it?"

"It's Evelyn."

"What did you do now? Is she alright?"

"Let me just say I did nothing wrong and no she's not alright. She's sick father. And it's unlike anything Kingsfoil can fix. There is something wrong, it's like she's afraid of something here in the palace. She's always acting strange and it's not like her. Evelyn doesn't eat, she barely leaves her room-"

"She's probably just confused because of her blindness son, she'll come around once her vision returns."

"Father I'm telling you there's something wrong."

"Where is she now?"

"In her room."

"I'll go check up on her if that will put your mind to rest."

"It  would, please do so."

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Oropher left the company of his son to go visit Evelyn. He strode through the halls, climbed the stairs and made his way to Evelyn's door.

"Evelyn..." He knocked gently on her door "may I speak with you?"

"Just one question..."

"Alright ask away."

"Who saved me from my father's wrath?"

"I did."  Oropher heard the lock click and he watched as the doorknob turned slightly. Evelyn opened the door, revealing only her face.

"Please excuse my manners. I'm just a little off." Evelyn whispered as she opened the door

Oropher noticed how bad she looked. She had bags under her eyes and her cheek bones stood out slightly. She seemed pale and of course her eyes were still cloudy.

"What was it you wanted to speak about?"

"Are you alright? You seem a bit.."