Chapter 25

Evelyn's POV

Thranduil took my hand and dragged me all the way in to town. It was a lively as ever. There were people everywhere all sending smiles and bows towards Thranduil.

There were people dancing and playing music all over town. Thranduil and I stopped and listened to a few songs.

A boy selling flowers walked up to us and handed a few to Thranduil. And Theanduil took me over to a fountain and we sat down. He braided my hair, weaving the flowers through the strands.

I couldn't help but blush. I had no idea he knew how to braid. People walking past us would smile and the girls would giggle and such.

When he finished, he stood up and took my hand.

"You're so beautiful Evelyn.." He said looking down at me. The blush only came stronger and warmer.

"Thank you..."

"Now let's go get your dress.."

"My dress?"

"Yes...your dress..come on."

What dress? He never told me about a dress? No way. He didn't. Oh dear.

Thranduil led me to a dress shop in the middle of town. And it was amazing. They had so many beautiful dresses on display, it was hard to choose.

I heard Thranduil chuckle behind me

"Evelyn, I've already chosen a dress for you." I felt dumb for looking around "I actually designed it just for you." He smiled down at his feet

Moments later, an elderly elven woman came walking out with a dress in her hands. It was lavender with these pretty purple flowers on the top part and the lavender color faded toward the bottom of the dress. The bottom was white and it flowed out in the back. It was just breathtaking.

"Thranduil...i-" I said running my fingers over the silk "it's-" I was completely lost for words

"Do you like it?"

"Like it!??? Thranduil I love it! It's beautiful! Thank you so much!" I squealed, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a huge hug. He returned my hug by wrapping his arms my waist. But this hug was different. He picked me up and spun me around, making me giggle.

"I'm glad you like it."

"You designed this?" He nodded smiling down at his feet again "this is amazing." I was blown away by his creativity

"Well, go try in on." He smiled and the lady handed me my dress.

3rd person

Thranduil watched as Evelyn disappeared behind the curtains. He was happy that she was satisfied with her dress.

Evelyn took her gown off and carefully slipped on the new dress. The fabric felt nice, it wasn't too scruffy or itchy. The silk was her favorite color. It was snug at the top, exposing her curves, but then expanded towards the bottom. It was a light dress, so she wouldn't over heat or feel like she was dragging a huge dress everywhere. The designs were very captivating, she couldn't stop looking at them. And on one of the purple flowers, there were two butterflies They reminded her of the two of them together. Once it was on, she was ready.

She peeked outside the curtain and she could see that Thranduil was anxiously waiting. The second he noticed her, he perked up. But Evelyn felt shy for some reason going out there. She sucked up all of her courage and walked out anyways.

Thranduil was amazed by how well Evelyn looked in her dress. She walked closer and closer, before doing a little twirl that sent the dress flowing through the air.