Chapter 9

"Jeez, I'm going to be late if I don't hurry up. Practice starts in half an hour." Hinata picked up his pace and started pedaling faster. He didn't want to go to today's practice at all, but he knew that everything counted towards future games, so he went to it anyways. He was loathing the fact that he was going to see the one person that he certainly did not want to interact with yet.

After another 20 minutes on his bike, Hinata finally reached the school. He found the bike rack, and chained up his bike. He turned to see Kageyama walking through the front gates before noticing and making his way over to Hinata. The shorter boy began jogging towards his friend, waving as they got closer to one another.

"You seem tired today, that means I'm going to beat you to the gym." Kageyama immediately began sprinting towards the gym. Hinata simply sighed at the setter and started walking towards the gymnasium, his mood evident in the way he walked, slow and somber.

"I'm not in the mood today Kageyama. You can still run if you want to; just not with me." Kageyama stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to look at Hinata, confusion evident in his eyes.

"Huh? What do you mean not in the- wait, where did you get that sweater?" Kageyama began to eye Hinata with suspicion. He stepped forward and started prodding and pulling at the sweater, much to Hinata's annoyance. Hinata pushed back and continued walking.

"Does it matter?"

"It's just really big on you, looks like it could even fit someone really tall. I'm surprised you have something that huge." Hinata's eyes shot wide open. He stopped moving instantly, allowing Kageyama to catch up with him.

"It's also kind of familiar... Doesn't Tsukishima have a sweater similar to that one?" The taller boy then stepped around to face Hinata, that's when he noticed the colour of Hinata's face; crimson red.

"Um, Hinata..?" Kageyama leaned closer towards Hinata's face, trying to get his attention to no avail. Hinata was too busy remember everything that had happened the night before between him and Tsukishima. The gentle hands...The soft lips... Why? Why did he do that? Why to me? Now I'm so confused about everything, I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Hinata had completely spaced out at the mention of Tsukishima's name. The bike ride to the school had effectively blocked out any thought Hinata had about the tall blond; but it only seemed to be temporary.

"Did something happen recently? You don't seem too focused right now." Hinata was jolted instantly from his thoughts when he felt a gentle flick on his forehead. He noticed how Kageyama was staring at him intently, and how close he had gotten. He must have seen me blushing... What happens if he figures out what's going on...

"Whatever, you can tell me about everything after practice. We should get going."

Hinata was horrified because he knew at this point that Kageyama was ready to force Hinata to talk about his problems if they were to affect his playing. And that seemed to be where it was going.

No, I'm going to tell him. Keeping this to myself will probably kill me. And besides, I do trust him.

Kageyama was already walking ahead when Hinata ran to catch up and grabbed his arm. Kageyama stopped to turn and look at the shorter boy holding onto his arm.

"Tsukishima kissed me." Hinata's breath was caught in his throat as hundreds of scenarios played through his head now that he told Kageyama about what had happened the previous night.

There I said it, he probably doesn't even care anyway-

"That bastard did what?!" Wait, what?