Chapter 6

'What did I just do?'

Tsukishima was leaned against the wall in his classroom, headphones on, waiting for the rest of his classmates to arrive, and for the class to start. His mind was going 100 miles a minute, memories of him wiping the cake off of Hinata's face, then licking it off of his thumb.

'I didn't even do that on purpose. Was it just a reflex or...?'

He started to pace between the wall and his desk, unsure of his actions. He couldn't what he had done only minutes before. Why? Why did he do that? He's a guy. Not only that, but he was also the stupidest person that Tsukishima had ever met.

Maybe what Akiteru said was just getting to his head. There's no way he could ever like that shrimp. There's no...

"Oh fuck."

No. There had to be some sort of reason!

'He's cute, yeah... But-'

A short sound of displeasure sounded from Tsukishima as he glared at his own thoughts.

'No no no no no... No, I don't like him. Jesus, what's wrong with me? Why am  I acting so stupid when he's around lately? I want it to be a coincidence... But if it isn't...'

"Goddammit!"

"Tsuuki? Is something going on?"

Tsukishima nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard a voice coming from the entrance of the classroom.

"Oh, Yamaguchi. It's nothing... Just uh-"

"If you don't wanna talk about it, it's ok."

Tsukishima let out a heavy sigh. He thanked God that he had a best friend like Yamaguchi, who didn't push him in any way that would make him uncomfortable. But he knew if he ever needed to talk to someone, it would be Yamaguchi.

After taking a moment to collect his thoughts, Tsukishima noticed all the students pouring into the classroom, so he looked at the clock and noticed that class was about to begin. He sat down at his down at his desk, and flipped open his note book and prepared for the lesson.

• • •

'No way'

"What was that you idiot?! Focus on hitting the toss godammit!"

"Huh? Kageyama? What are you talking-"

Hinata suddenly felt a strong hand grab the front of his shirt and nearly lift him completely off of the ground.

"Stop drifting off in the middle of practice! What would be the point of all of this if we don't get any better?!"

"I'm sorry Kageyama. I've been really distracted lately, seems like its still distracting me now, even during practice..."

'This is ridiculous! Why have the only things that I've been thinking of lately have to do with Tsukishima? Why that asshole?'

"What's so important, that it's able to distract you from practice?" Kageyama glared at him with such intensity, Hinata could feel the holes he was burning into the side of his head.

"It's nothing... Just something really stupid that I'm just getting a little too worked up over."

"Whatever." Kageyama stormed off before Hinata could continue.

'Ya, this is so stupid. Maybe if I stop thinking about this, these thoughts will disappear.'

Hinata sighed, rubbing the back of his head with an exasperated slouch.