Gift

Kenna POV:
Everything seemed to move in slow motion.I was headed towards Bella, then I was on the ground on top of a smashed piano.I realized what I had almost done.I almost killed Bella.

I run out before anyone can do or say anything.Bella was my sister,I never wanted to hurt her.My whole body is consumed with guilt.She could've died. She could've turned into one of us.And it's all my fault.

Then I am pinned to the ground.Im about to fight back but I see that it was just Jasper.As soon as he sees my face he gets off of me.

"I told you that I wasn't ready."I state as I sit up.

"Look,I'm sorry."He says.His face looks full with regret."Come on,we should get out of here."

"I'm not going back there.I almost..I just can't right now."I tell him.But he doesn't.He just sits there staring at me. "You can go if you're gonna go."

"I'm not going anywhere."He states.

"Fine,but don't look at me like that."I warn him.His face goes blank."Jasper, what's wrong?Jasper,tell me."

"I don't know,after you.."He starts and I look at him confused."I think you have a gift."

"A what now?"I question.

"When people become vampires some of them tend to have..gifts,special powers."He tells me."You know how I can feel people's emotions and Edward can ready people's minds,it's like that."

"So what's my gift?"I ask still confused.

"Mind compulsion."He states."You can  get people,and vampires in your case,to do whatever you want."I let that sink in.I had a gift.I could compel people. He stands up and holds his hand out. I'm about to argue with him when he stops me."Bella's gone now."

I'm a little hesitant,but I grab his hand. I knew that I could trust him,he would never lie to me.We walk back in the house to find stuff broken everywhere. I didn't think I was that out of control. Carlisle and Esme immediately walk over to us.Esme pulls me into a hug.If I was able to cry I would be balling by now.

"We're having a family meeting." Carlisle states.

We walk into the dining room area. Everyone was silent,it was almost deafening.I never knew that it could be so quiet.

"I called this meeting because I think that it's best for Bella if we move away." Edward starts."She's not safe anymore, not with us."He should've just added my name to this little speech of his.It was obviously talking about me."It's not just you Kenna,she doesn't have a chance with all of us around."

The thought of never seeing Bella again almost killed me,but I knew that it was best.She was going to get hurt,and I wasn't going to let that happen.

"I'm in,but I want to say goodbye."I state and he looks at me unsure."I'll go hunting tomorrow and then you and me can go talk to Bella after school."

"It's settled then,we're moving."He says and walks out.

It was official.The Cullen's were leaving Forks.