Chapter 40 || You know what you need to do

Noah

She was lying on the mattress. Her skin was white, contrasting with her dark hair. She was lying there, her chest rising and falling. I touched her hand, it was still warm. Her chest rose and fell.

It had been like this for days.

She was in some sort of coma.

The doctor had come in a couple days earlier. He said that the injuries she endured were bad, but they shouldn't have caused this reaction. There was no explanation.

I stood up, coming to the other side of the bed. Laying on my back beside her. I took her limp hand in mine.

After a few moments my eyes began to drift close, I didn't want to close my eyes, but I did.

I was surrounded by darkness. It felt like I was in some kind of room, where there was nothing, no light, nothing. I couldn't even see my hands.

I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't get out of this room. I couldn't get out of this dream.

Then bright light was shining from one corner, then light was shining from another, and then the entire room was shed in a blinding brightness.

There was a women standing in front of me. I took one glance at her then looked away. She was too bright.

From that glance I was able to make she was wearing a white robe, and she had light brown long hair with a bow in her hand.

"You cannot look at me. It will blind you." the women said. Her voice sounded like a melody caught in the wind.

"Your mate. She won't last much longer." She continued. I was about to look back up at her. Sarah was going to make it, she had to.

"Do not look at me." She said. Her voice stronger this time, like the crashing of waves in a storm.

"Okay." I said.

"She has too much power for her being. She is human. Her body can't take it."

I knew what she was talking about. It all made sense now. She killed Lycaon. She got his power, and it was just too much. But it couldn't just kill her. I was lying beside her right now. I was holding her hand, I could hear her pulse, the beating of her heart connected with the beat of my own. If hers were to stop mine would too. That's what it felt like at least.

"Why are you telling me this." I asked. My voice cracked. My voice never cracked.

"She needs to be killed."

I looked up at her again. The light blinded me, I stepped back a few steps.

"Why? Why in this century or the next would I kill her?" I said, my voice gaining volume with each word that left my mouth.

"If she dies the peaceful death that anyone would ever want for her the demons that were at Lycaon's side will be set free from their bondage. They will roam territories, cities, they'll create wars, kill children, kill everyone. Without a certain master they will be free." She replied. "she needs to be killedso that doesn't happen. You need to kill her so you can be-"

"JUST STOP!" I roared. I clutched my head, grabbing onto the ends of my hair.

I just got her. We were finally at a good place. We were together.

"You know what you need to do."

The blackness crowded in once again.

This couldn't happen. This wouldn't happen. I wouldn't let this happen.