Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Luna was glad that Leo did leave her alone after last night incident, but was she really glad? If she does, why does she felt so gloomy today? She asked herself. It was as if something is missing from her. Was it because she’s been crying to sleep? Was that the reason why she’s feeling gloomy? Ignoring her feelings, she concentrated on her work by doing anything that could make her forget about Leo, well, for time being.

She had not told Nikita about last night incident since she did not see her friend yet today. Nikita is probably still sleeping at the moment. They promised to meet after her shift is over which will be late evening.

The place was packed with customers and before she knows it was already time to close.  

“How was your date last night?” she asked Nikita when she seated inside her car.

“It was great,” Nikita responded smiling at the same time, “I just came back from a date with him again just now.”

“Oh, really?” she smiled, “Where did you go?”

“We have lunch and then went to see a movie,” Nikita told her smiling away.

“Hmm, is it a nice movie?” she asked.

“Not bad I think,” Nikita nodded.

“Huh, I don’t think you even know what movie you are watching?” she accused.

“What make you say that?” asked Nikita trying to defend herself.

“Because I think you both are busy sucking each other faces than watching it. These hickeys proved it,” she laughed pulled the scarf from Nikita’s neck.

“Damn shit,” cursed Nikita and looked that the rear mirror, “You’re not supposed to know,” whined Nikita making Luna laughed louder.

“So how was your day?’ Nikita asked her when her laughed subsides.

“Busy like hell,” Luna told her, “But I like it because time flies very fast and before you know it the day is over.”

Nikita chuckled, “Yep, in other words, it helps you to forget about Leo for a while.”

“Who said he’s on my mind?” Luna asked and glared at her friend. “I didn’t even think of him,” she lied.

“Really,” asked Nikita not believing a single word she said, “I’m glad to hear that,” she smirked.

“Why would I think about him?” Luna grumbling, “Is not like we’re dating or anything?”

“Who knows? Maybe because there a small guilty feeling inside you for making him waited for you and then frustrated when you’re not coming?” she mocked.

“Nikita stopped it,” scolded Luna, “You know why I didn’t go last night! And furthermore, he already knew why I didn’t come.”

Nikita pretend to be shocked, “You’ve told him why? You told him his mother stopped you from being his friend?”

“No, of course not,” scoffed Luna, “I’ve told him I actually didn’t like him. That’s why I didn’t want to see him again.”

“You said that to him?” Nikita queried with mouth wide open, “When did you tell him?”

Luna sighed, “Last night. He came to look for me at the shop.”

“He did?” Nikita bite her lips, “So what did he say to you after you tell him that?”

“He didn’t say anything. He look stunned,” Luna said softly. She could still remember those hurt feelings in his eyes when she told him that.