Welcome to the Black Parade

I set down the boom box in front of the altar and hit “Play”.  An old favorite began to play, the sound of the piano ringing throughout the chamber.

Lucy was first to sing, “When I was a young, my father took me into the city to see a marching band.”

Oktober joined in, “He said, "Son, when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken the beaten and the damned?”

Then I entered last, “He said, "Will you defeat them, your demons and all the non-believers, the plans that they have made?  Because one day, I'll leave you a phantom to lead you in the summer to join the Black Parade!"

Oktober laughed before she turned down the music. 

“Okay, we have to admit something,” she admitted.  “We only got permission to be away from the boys because we promised to try and make you remember - all the way.”

“But, I thought you said I would remember everything in time?” I asked.

“No.  Not quite.  We hoped, but it appears that... well, things have changed.  We have to speed a few things up.  The war has taken a turn for the worst.  The Snow twins have contacted us; we need you as powerful as possible now.”

“Why me?”

“They’ve been trying to find all of us for generations.  We’ve been the ones in charge of the humans for... as long as... well, before you were changed.  You were the protectors of the human race, our cousins,” Lucy explained.

“Okay that still doesn’t answer-“

“Hades has been out to get them back for years.  Him and his followers... they don’t want to be forgotten.  They want to come back and prove to the world they’re more than just a myth.”

“What is he going to do?” I asked.

“He doesn’t like being forgotten,” Oktober repeated.

“What is he going to do?”

“He’s been getting an army together for years now.  He’s obviously ready to bring them back out and fight again.  We need for us - the special ones - to be at full strength for this fight.  It’s predicted to be the biggest battle in history.”

“Ever?”

Lucy met my eyes.  “Ever.”

“I can’t imagine...” I shook my head.

“Remember in the second Kingdom Hearts, at the end of the game?  When Sora’s up against all of those shadow things?” Oktober asked.

“Yeah.”

“That’s what it’s going to be like.”

“They got the idea for that game from somewhere,” Lucy added.

“How exactly did you think you were going to get the rest of my memory back?” I asked.  “And if there’s a way to speed it up, why didn’t we try it before?”

They exchanged looks.  “Well, it’s not exactly easy.”

I straightened up.  “Tell me what to do.”

“You’re willing to do it?” Oktober asked.

“Even though you don’t know what it is?”

I nodded.  “Yes!  I’ve been dying to remember everything for the longest time I-I’m willing to do just about anything!”

They grabbed my shoulders and sat me down on a stone chair that was right in the center under the Great Pyramid.  Oktober set a towel and a beautifully decorated giant bowl to my left, and Lucy placed some rocks in a circle and prepared for a fire.