Three Times A Lady

“What?”  She turned around, following my gaze to the handsome man.

“Wow,” Oktober whispered.  “Um... aren’t we not supposed to allow him near you?”

“Something like that.”

He smiled, seeing us stare at him, and made his way over.  I looked around, trying to think of an excuse to get out of the situation.  That good-but-bad feeling grew stronger as he came closer.  It was insanely worrisome yet so enticing at the same time.  This was the same man Mark, Adam, and Lucy had all warned me to stay away from.  I just had to get outta there!

As I stood up to leave for the restroom, his chest – much stronger than it looked – blocked my way and I bumped into it, falling to the floor.  He, in his graceful way, knelt down and held out his hand.  I gazed into his eyes, stunned.  I could’ve sworn they were lavender only a moment ago!  Now they were a deep green...

“Are you okay?” he asked.  I nodded, allowing him to help me back into my chair.  “Don’t you recognize me at all?  It is I, Ro-“

“Emma!”  Jake’s unexpected voice made me jump.  He grinned when I met his eyes and made his way over to our table.  “There you are!”

“What are you doing here?” I asked. 

“He’s gone!” Oktober gasped.  We looked around the room.  Indeed, the mystery man had disappeared.

“Who’s gone?” Jake asked.

“N-no one,” I answered softly. 

Jake cupped my chin. “Are you okay?  You look like you’ve seen a ghost!”

I nodded, staring at the floor.  “Yeah.  I’m fine.”

He sighed. “Listen, about the way I’ve been acting lately... I’m sorry.  There was a creep in your house and you couldn’t get rid of him, I get it.”

“You should be sorry!” Adam growled, walking back to us.

“Jake, I forgive you and everything, but I’m not sure if right now is the best time for us to be together,” I mumbled.

“What?  Why not?” he asked.

“I found out a lot of crazy stuff that I need to take some time to figure out,” I said.

“Like what?  I’m sure I can handle it, whatever it is!” he grinned.

“Um, I’m pretty sure you couldn’t,” Oktober answered.

“Shut up, please!” I ordered.  She frowned and stared out the window.

“Don’t get me wrong, I really do like you and all, I just don’t think right now is the best time for us to-”

“If you like me and I like you, I really don’t see any reason why we couldn’t be together.  If we are in love like we say we are, then we can pull through anything!” he said.

My breath caught – Antonio stood two feet away.  Jake, having thought I was speechless by his little oration, kissed me hard and good.

“I refuse to let you go,” he whispered.

“Jake,” I sighed.

“She’s busy right now,” Adam said, also not seeing Antonio.  “Come back later, lover boy.”

He stood to take my hand and lead me out, but paused halfway up.  Antonio grinned viciously and, with one swift move, knocked Jake and Adam over and swept me up in his arms.  Oktober screamed and jumped to Adam’s side.  I was so shocked, I passed out.