Untitled

Photo is of Adam

~--------------------------------~--------------------------------~-----------------------------~-----------------------------------~

“Where’s Mark?” I asked with a hoarse voice.  Oktober put her hand over my eyes and throat, breathing heavily when it worked and I was instantly better.  The new guy set me down on a hallway couch ever so gently and walked in the house further.  I was left with Oktober, who grinned at her hands.

“It’s like magic!” she smiled.

I stood up.  “Where is Mark?”

“Huh?” she looked up.  “Oh!  He’s in there.”

I started to walk where she pointed, then stopped and pulled her along.  “We’re going to need you, if you can truly do what you’re supposed to.”

“I just healed you, didn’t I?” she said.

I sighed.  “Yeah, I guess so.”

We entered the room, me bumping into that new guy.  He smiled at Oktober before practically throwing her on the ground next to Mark.  She immediately put her hands on the back of his head and his chest, where it was bleeding.  Hardly a moment later he was up and ready to go after Antonio.  Lucy stood up and pushed on his shoulder, so he would calm down.  She sighed and faced me.

“For the last time his name is NOT Antonio and you are NOT to go near him again!  You!” she pointed at Mark.  “Don’t even dare to think you can go out and just chase him down like it’s a dog.  He’ll tear you to shreds like you do with your bags of blood!”

Oktober and I were grossed out immediately.  “Eck.  Blood bags?”

“We only drink them when in our normal bodies, so it’s been a while,” the new guy explained.

“And who is this?” I asked.

“Adam Tepes,” he grinned.  “Oktober’s loving hubby!”

Her eyebrow met the sky.  She eyed him up and down, taking time to absorb his looks.  She bit her lip, “I can work with that.”

“Oh, so you’re more than happy to believe he’s your husband, yet you refuse to believe everything else we have told you?” Mark asked.

“I don’t mess around when it comes to my men,” she joked.

“Still my Nat,” Adam smiled.  He moved to hug her and they even almost kissed, when another loud noise outside disrupted our attention.

“What now?” Oktober asked, frustrated.

Lucy and Mark crowded the window, both jumping to either side after only a moment.  The three of us watching ducked in natural response, whispering questions to them.

“What did you see?” I asked.

“Nat, your man is out there,” Mark answered.

“And he does not look too happy,” Lucy finished.

We crawled to the other window and peeked out.  A heavyset man with a beard and long hair paced lightly on the top of the fence in the parking lot.  The house we were in, I noticed was one that stood over the hill above my apartment and looked right into my living room window.  I could see Cheeto staring back at me from down below.

“What are we going to do?” I whispered.

“We have no choice but to face him,” Adam said.

“Who is that?” Oktober asked.