12~Prince Handsome

*Sorry for taking so long and please read the outro at the end! Thank you so much for reading!!! -Annoelle

Even by the time I arrived back at the door of my apartment, I still had the smile of a goofball plastered from ear to ear. I just couldn't help but smile as I relayed the events of the past week. Of course, that grin had faltered and turned into a menacing scowl when that cowardly bastard came to mind...

Everything else, fortunately, was either hilarious or hard to think about without being tainted by my fantasies. From her reluctance, to the way she melted in my arms, to the way she responded beneath me; just the thought of her made me wanna sing. I sing like an angel, by the way. My voice makes me even more irresistible

I unlocked the door and stepped inside my apartment. Still consumed by my thoughts of her beautiful face, I did the routine of taking off my jacket and setting my keys on the small drawer next to the coat closet. As I shrugged out of my hoodie and my hand lowered to set down my keys, I knocked something off the surface.

Once my jacket was hung up in the closet, I bent down to pick up what had dropped to the floor. It was the keys to a Dodge attached to a cheetah-print lipstick bullet keychain. Oh yeah... I was supposed to return these to Renna. Guess I'll have to see her again soon if I am to rightfully give these back to their owner. I started smiling like an idiot...again.

I can just see it now... I'll walk up to her, and judging from what I know about her so far, she'll try and act like none of our kisses ever occurred. Then, I'll play along just to confuse her and I'll hand her back her keys. Somehow, I'll get her to go on a date with me and... I went over tons of scenarios of how our date would pan out before noticing that I heard the television.

I don't remember turning it back on this morning. I walked cautiously towards the main space of my apartment. Gene Kelly was on the screen singing some song in some musical. From what I could see at my vantage point behind the couch, dark brown hair peaked off the top of my intruder's head which was currently bobbing to the intricate melody. I got low and stalked my way towards the couch ready to beat the lights out of this broadway-loving fool.

Wait a second... Hair the same color as mine? Gene Kelly? I got up from my crouching position and leaned over the couch to grab the remote from her hands. Already having her attention, I removed anymore distractions by shutting off the t.v. all together.

"Mom, why are you in my apartment?"

I glared down at this small woman with hair of the same shade of brown as mine. She barely looked a day over twenty-seven, but actually, she was just over ten years older. The almost unnoticeable wrinkles at the corners of her eyes were the only testament to her aging.

Despite her young appearance and our identical hair color, we looked nothing alike, really. Different shape and color of our eyes, lips, and face all together. Just thinking about it infuriated me... Thinking about it reminded me why I hadn't seen my mother in almost eight months.

"Mom, why are you in my apartment?" I spoke through my teeth. She gave me a hurt look. I frowned harder.

"Don't I have the right to see my beautiful son?" She responded defiantly. I won't answer that.

"How did you even get in here?" I raised my voice an octave and a decibel while gesturing my hand to the door. This is insane. Why show up now after eight months? Just when I was getting over all this shit...

"Mr. Terrence let me in. He's a sweet man. Y'know he..." She went on and on about how she couldn't believe he was unmarried. I stopped listening early into her monologue. Oh, great. My mother is getting along with my landlord.