Chapter One (Zane)

Chapter One

                                                       Zane

       Loud bass pounding music, the kind that vibrated throughout one’s house filled the room. The lights were dimmed down to reveal the backup disco lights. Throughout the echo of shadows that traced the room, bodies pressed close together and swayed from side to side in a movement of seduction. Along the sidelines of the dance floor where most people were crowded were tables and chairs, and depending upon the area couches to relax on. It was a place that easily lived up to the positive raves and reviews that it received in local magazines and newspapers. Sensuous Sins was fairly new but doing so well that it was packed almost every day of the week. On the weekends after a certain time the bouncers just turned people away. It was that packed.

       Tonight was Friday the beginning of the weekend for the club and the doors had already been shut off to those who hadn’t arrived soon enough. The first, second, and third floors of the club were separate floors. The first floor was where majority of the crowd was. Anyone could get in down there. The second floor was V.I.P, only those who paid for it and satisfied the owner’s requirements could get up there. The third floor of the club was completely different. It wasn’t for the party goers. It was exclusively by invite only. No one else was allowed entry.

      The floor on this night was different. A ritual was being performed and it had been on lock down for at least three hours. None of the normal exclusive members were being allowed up there, and tension was drawing to a quick. One particular man in general was dealing with the situation calmly, while his companions and a few others spoke heated words with the bouncers.

     He stood calmly leaning against the wall of the second floor by the elevator to the third floor. One foot crossed over the slightly, while one arm rested at his side, the other lifted the glass of champagne to his mouth. As he took a drink from the amber liquid, his gaze moved over the audience with a cold and prospective glance. He wasn’t searching for anything in particular, he was just discontent with not being allowed above. If anyone deserved to be up there experiencing the ritual it was him. It was after all his own baby sister, but she was the one who had demanded that he be kept away. It was tearing at him that he couldn’t witness the ceremonial ritual of his own sister receiving an extension of herself. She was awakening and he was missing it because she thought that he placed her at discomfort.

    In the shadows of the room, his eyes glowed intensely for a moment as he felt something within him shift slightly, as if perking its head up in acknowledgment of something or someone. A small smirk tilted at the corner of his mouth as he focused his attentions on what his intuition had picked up on. Less than five feet away a man approached. He stood at about six feet even, he had dark coal black hair that was carelessly resting at his neck in a state of dishevel, and intense amber eyes gold eyes mixed with hinges of green, which coldly studied the room, before meeting his own gaze.

     “Kai,” he greeted formally, bowing his head in respect.

     “Zane,” Kai returned, bowing his head as well.

    For a moment neither male said anything. Their gazes just moved to the door. Neither one knew what to expect. They wouldn’t be allowed in as much as they might love her. She didn’t want any male to see her in the state that she was in.

     “How is she?” Kai finally asked.

     “She’s doing exceptionally well for one so young,” Zane returned, his gaze reflecting his emotions for a flicker of a second.