Prologue

Then...

The silence of the night was undisturbed expect for occasional wails of the new born babies and the mother lulling them back to sleep. It was a good day. The kingdom had been waiting for this day from a long time. The streets were decorated and sweets were being distributed as a sign of celebration. Everyone had gathered outside the castle to catch a glimpse of the babies. They had not been disappointed, for the babies wailed loudly announcing their arrival.

After being in labor for nearly 7 hours and greeting everyone who had come to vist them, the Queen retired to her chambers.

When they were finally left alone she asked, gazing at her children lovingly. "What shall we name them?"

"Let's worry about that tomorrow my dear. Rest now, it has been a long day." The king was proud of his mate and loved his children. He knew what was to come, he knew there wasn't anything he could do to stop it. He just prayed to the goddess that his mate would not suffer.

"It will be alright." She whispered trying to put on a brave face. They both knew it wouldn't be alright but decided to sleep, for now. The king kissed his little prince and princess, whispering that he loved them. He slept beside his mate, calming and soothing her. Only after she slept he got up silently and starting preparing for the night he knew would bring terrors to his family.

Around midnight a high pitched scream echoed the hallways in the castle. "Fire! Fire!" The voice screamed. A few guards tried to control the fire by pouring water but the fire was too large, spreading quickly. The flames were as high as the castle walls, engulfing everything. Screams were echoing while people were trying to get out alive. To make the matters worse the main door was locked and it was not budging at all.

Barely sleeping the exhausted mother reached for her children one last time. Kissing their foreheads and making a promise to watch over them. She knew that the time had come to say good bye.

*

The news of the tragedy that occurred in the castle spread far and wide. All were sympathetic for the king, queen and her new born babies. The king was a generous one and many people  loved him, so they wanted justice. Many servants and guards were burnt alive but a few had escaped the terrible fate. They told everyone who would listen, to flee the kingdom, for darkness had risen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N:

First time readers, how is this?

Second time readers, I am rewriting the whole book. This version of the book will be better. Hope you guys still support it.

Please show your support by voting and commenting.

Any mistakes feel free to point it out. Thanks 😘😘😘