Chapter 1

"Alisha! Get up!" My mom shouted.

"Ughmm humm" I grumbled.

"Alisha Green! If you are not up and ready in 5 minutes I'll make you do 10 extra laps today!" My dad's threatening made me bolt up. The clock showed 5:01 am. I was 1 minute late today. Brushing my teeth and putting on my work out clothes I went to the kitchen. My mom and few more women were preparing breakfast. If you saw the amount of food they prepared, you would think that they were making food for some beast. However this was common because we stayed in pack house. The women who liked to cook would wake up early and make breakfast for everyone. We all made sure to thank them for this.

Wondering what a pack house is? Well first let me introduce myself. My name is Alisha Green and I'm a werewolf. We wolves tend to live together in packs. Our pack is named as Blue moon pack. There are many packs all around the world but we were neighbours with the Red wolves pack and Royal moon pack. My dad, Mason Green, is the Alpha of our pack.

Alpha is the leader of the pack. He is the most powerful and strongest member of the pack. His duty is to run the pack efficiently and protect the members of the pack. The Alpha title could be got only if you had alpha blood in you or you managed to defeat an Alpha in a fight, which is highly unlikely. The alpha's command is the final one and every member had to respect and follow it. My mom, Linda Green, is the Luna of the pack. She is a mother figure and many people will come to her for some advice whenever they are troubled. So both the Alpha and the Luna ruled the pack side by side, ensuring the safety of all pack members.

Drinking a glass full of warm water and kissing my mom on the cheek I ran towards the training ground. This is my usual routine. Get up early, a glass full of water and go train with my dad. My training starts with me running 10 laps around the territory and doing some stretching exercises. My dad also makes me meditate as he believes it will help me keep a calm mind. He says, "As the future alpha of the pack you need a have a calm mind. Always."

I was now 17 years old, and would turn 18 in three days. My dad had told me he would pass the alpha title to me on my birthday. I was prepared and knew how to run the pack. My dad promised me that he would help me out. He was confident that I would make a good leader but did not stop me from being nervous.

After finishing 10 laps I went to spar with my dad. We would spar in human and wolf form, alternating each day. All wolves shift at age of 18 but I shifted at age of 13. I was told I shifted early because I had alpha blood in me, and also I had beta blood from my mother. My mother was a beta and when she met my dad, her mate, she left her old pack to become Luna of our pack. Being Luna meant she had to take care of the pack along with the alpha and mates were like matches made by our Moon goddess. Each wolf had a mate made specially for them.

Mate bond was the most special gift a werewolf got from the goddess. When you see your mate you just fall in love with them. My dad and mother also fell in love. After the marking is completed the mates could hear each others thought, it was like mind link. After mating they would feel each other's emotions and pain.

The mate bond can be broken. The wolf who do not want their mate will have to openly declare and reject the bond. The other half wolf is accepts the rejection, the bond will be eventually broken if the wolves stay apart for long time. No one has heard of any wolves rejecting their other half till now. Most of the mates love each other and if one dies the other follows. If one mate is dead but the other wants to live, they use the rejection to cope with the pain.

Today Matthew was sparing with my dad. Matthew was our beta. He was second in command and would be in charge in absence of alpha. His work is to help the Alpha run the pack smoothly. Matthew was one of my best friends. He is 20 years old now and his father passed his beta title to him when he turned 18. He was learning all the duties of being a beta from his dad and my dad. There were also other warrior wolves training. Some in wolf form others in human.

After training we all went to have breakfast. There were various fruits cut out, some toast and eggs. Pancakes were stacked up. The food was looking delicious and all dived in. Just as my father was about to take the last pancake I snatched it and gave him a cheeky grin.

"You are becoming old dad." I giggled.

"I take it you won today." My mom commented. I just gave a big smile as answer.

My dad was scowling but I could see he was proud of me. I cut the pancake and gave half to him. He shook his head smiling and ate. After breakfast was done he asked me to go to his study with him.

"You did good today Alisha. You are ready to take over soon." He said. I smiled back at him but I'm sure I was looking constipated. My dad chuckled looking at my expression.

"What are you afraid of?" My dad asked me sensing my nervousness.

"Taking care of the pack. I know I am almost done with my training. I know how to run the pack business and how to handle any crisis but I will be responsible for all the members. I'm scared I'll make a mistake and let everyone down. What will I do if I screw things up?" I asked.

"Well I can't say that you won't make mistakes, you will. The important thing is you need to learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat them. You'll have Matthew to help you and I'll always be here to guide you. All the pack members love you so there is nothing to worry." He assured me. Feeling overwhelmed I hugged him.

"There are some new members joining from northern side of pack. Prepare the required documents and you are free for the afternoon." My dad patted my head and left.

__________________________________

******

A /N:

I hope you liked the first chapter. It will get more interesting soon. This was just an introductory chapter. Oh also if you spot any mistakes please let me know!

 Oh also if you spot any mistakes please let me know!

Vote
Comment
Let me know that you think.
Love💓