Chapter 3

''Sometimes life gets worse before it gets better. But it always gets better. Just remember who put you there and who helped you up''

I am at 67 reads right now. If you like my work then show you support by voting! :)

Here's the third chapter!

******

I saw RED!

When I was young and newly shifted, I would often lose control of my wolf. The smallest of things would make me angry which would lead me to lose control. When I lost control I would be blood thirsty. I would still be there, I could see myself harming people but it would be like my thinking side of the brain was shut off and need to harm others would increase.

I was struggling to control my wolf. Before, when I would lose control, my father would calm me down or sometimes even use his Alpha voice to stop me but now he was gone. I wanted that stupid grey wolf to pay! I wanted his blood!

My eyes zeroed in on the grey wolf who was now retreating back to the woods. I started chasing the grey wolf. By now I was inside the royal moon pack's territory. Entering other packs territory without permission is considered an act of treason and may also lead to war. Not that I really cared at the moment.

The rouges were gaining on me. I took a couple of them out but they just seemed to be coming from everywhere. The grey wolf was now almost out of my sight. The rogues started pouring all around me effectively blocking my path. They were swiping and biting me at every chance.

Amidst this there was a sweet, chocolaty smell distracting me. I took out two more rogues and then I found the source of the intoxicating smell. In a distance I saw a big black wolf. It's fur was shiny and midnight black and it was twice my size. It stayed far away, just staring at me. A rogue snipped near my neck bringing my attention back and I quickly took him out by biting his head off. Then I saw a ash colour wolf. I was ready to attack it but it pounced on the rouge behind me.

By now the rouges were either dead or running away. I noticed many wolves fighting with the rogue. I guessed they belonged to the royal moon pack. I started to go in the direction of the grey wolf. I made my way towards the woods but I was stopped by the ash coloured wolf. He was emitting some power, I immediately knew he was the beta of their pack but I was the Alpha of my pack! He should not stop me.

I was furious that he had even attempted to stop me. He was keeping me away from my dad's murderer. I was now surrounded by members of the royal moon pack. They looked like they were ready to pounce on me.

''I am The Alpha. You will not dare to stand in my way!'' I told the beta. He could not hear me as he was from a different pack but I was beyond the point of reasoning. I felt my body grow stronger and taller. I had at that moment accepted my Alpha title. There was this new surge of power in me. The ash grey felt my power and put his head down and submitted to me. All the wolves around also submitted.

I made my way towards the woods but I was stopped, again! Not liking this I growled at them. I was surrounded by the pack wolves. They were blocking my way and my wolf did not like it. I started attacking them blindly, swiping and trying to bite chunks of meat. They kept pushing me back. Even though I was trying to hurt them they were simply restraining me and not attacking me back.

A few wolves jumped on me and I was pinned to the ground. The beta wolf came near me and was communicating with his pack members. I could see the black wolf nearing. All this while I was growling and snarling, trying to get away. I did not care if these were pack wolves. I wanted them dead. Gradually I felt my body  getting warmer and it felt like fire coursing through me. It did not burn me but I felt power surging through me.

I was still struggling against the wolves, snarling and growling. The beta was looking at me warily. I wanted to move! I wanted all these wolves removed! I wished that the beta was smashed against the tree.

As soon that thought left my mind, the beta was thrown by an invisible force onto a tree. The pack wolves who were pinning me were also thrown away from me. It was strange and I did not care what had happened at that moment.

I once again made my way towards the wood, clawing any one who came near me. There was that irresistible chocolate smell again. All of a sudden the black wolf was in front of me. He must be the alpha. I could feel the power around him. I did not move. He moved closer, our noses almost touching. I was seeing if the wolf was going to attack me. My wolf visibly calmed down and I got back control over my wolf.

''Ali? Ali! Where are you? Your mother needs you. Come back. Now!'' I heard Matt's voice on my head. Coming to my senses I decided that the grey wolf would be long gone and left the chase for now. Vowing to make them pay I went back to my pack.

A few wolves from the royal moon pack were coming with me, beta being on of them. I remembered they were not harming me so I let them come along.

I was back in the clearing of my pack. Many lifeless bodies were lying on the ground. I did not to look at them. I saw my mom had shifted and sitting on the ground with Matt next to her. I immediately shifted back and crouched next to her. Matt handed me his shirt as I was naked. I put on the shirt and turned to my mom. She was totally healed now... physically. Perks of being a werewolf but I knew her wolf would be inconsolable. I never expected her to tell what she told me next.

''Ali dear I love you father very much. I cannot break the bond. I love you but I am sorry.'' She said. Her breathing was shallow and she was looking frail.

I did not understand her. Why was she sorry? There was no bond to break because my dad was no more. She must have felt their bond break right? I know it would feel impossible for her to feel normal again but we would have each other. We could make it through this.

''Mom I don't understand. Dad is... Uh ... Gone.'' The last part came as a whisper and tears started forming.

''Ali I have to go with your father. I cannot live without him. I am sorry I can't stay with you. I promise that we will watch over you. You are grown up now and have moon goddess's blessing. Take care of yourself and the pack dear. I know you will be a great Alpha. Remember we love you.'' She said and a few tears escaped her eyes.

I was still making sense of her words when she closed her eyes forever. I was in shock. No! This cannot be happening. My mom had no injuries! How could she just close her eyes? I kept shaking her and asking her to wake up.

She did not move. She had left me. Alone. I felt numb. I felt Matt trying to pulling me up and I let him. The emotional and physical strain of the day caught up to me.
I was carried to the pack house and put on my bed. I remember Vivian dressing me to bed. I just closed my eyes, drifting in and out of sleep. I cannot believe my parents were no longer with me.

I was feeling dead on the inside.

******

A/N:
Ice cream anyone?

A/N:Ice cream anyone?

Three words.
Don't. Hate. Me.
Life is not all fair and bed of roses so I wrote this chapter this way.

Vote
Comment
Follow
Let me know what you think.

Peace