Chapter 5

''Treat yourself like a queen and you'll attract a king.'' <wink> ;)

Presenting chapter 5:

...*...*...*...*...

"Who are you?" I ask him.

''Hello my name is Tyler, I am the beta of the royal moon pack.'' He replied.

Beta... He was the one that stopped me from going after the grey wolf.

''What the hell are you doing here? You are not allowed to enter my land." I snap.

Tyler was the one that allowed the murderer to get away. For all I know he could be working with him.

''The prince asked me to stay over here and help your pack. I am sorry that I did not let you chase Victor but he is pretty dangerous and you were alone.''

''That evil gray wolf?'' I asked. He nodded.

Victor... So the murderer had a name. I engraved his name in my mind.

Deciding I had more important things to do right now I thought I would speak to him about this Victor later.

"Put him in the dungeons with silver bars so that he can't communicate with his pack. I'll interrogate him later. Hope the funereal preparations are almost done?'' I ask Matt to which he nods. This time without questioning he took Tyler to the dungeons. Tyler looked like he expected this and just went with Matt and other guards. I made my way back to my room.

I had a hot shower which allowed my strained muscles to relax. I let all the pain and blood drain down. Funeral would start in an hour.

I walked into the closet searching for something black to wear to the funeral. I finally decided to wear a black blouse with plaid skirt. I tired my hair in a messy bun. I felt a little woozy. Matt was right I needed to rest but there was so much work to be done. I would rest later.

Funeral went by quickly. Many pack members came up and spoke good things about my parents. Remembering all the good things that their Alpha did for them and the pack. My dad's former beta was bawling. I got many sympathetic looks, a few questioning looks and more. I had nothing to say. I could not even look near the coffins. I could not be standing there any longer. The place was suffocating me. I was about to leave when Vivian pulled me by my arm and halted me.

''What? I need to go! Don't even try to stop me.'' I snapped at her ripping my arms off her hand. She looked stunned. I did not bothering to wait for her. Wanting to run fast, I shifted into my wolf ripping my clothes in the process.

My wolf was relieved to be let out. I ran all around my territory, most pack wolves were in funeral so I did not encounter anyone. I made it to the borders of my pack. My pack was close to Red wolves pack. The Alpha of red wolves pack was close to my dad, we also shared some territory with them. All the children from both packs went to school together.

Nicolas, the only son for the Alpha of red wolves pack was my best friend. We both even had same birth date. I was close to his territory now, but I did not want to see him at that moment.

After walking sometime I settled down near a rock, sleeping in the little shade it provided. My body was aching, my heart was weeping. What kind of a daughter leaves their parents funeral? I was so sad. This all still felt like a bad nightmare. I wanted to wake up. I had to leave the funeral or else I would have brawled my eyes out. I did not want the pack to see me cry and think I was weak. I was building a dam, enclosing all my emotions. Now away from the pack I let myself feel sad and my wolf started whimpering.