Chapter 4

''Life blooms as a plant. First comes thorns and then comes roses.''

This chapter is dedicated to shruthii for reading my work, voting and leaving comments :* Thank you.

Here's chapter 4!
Enjoy :)

******

The digital clock read 5:23 am in my father's study. Maybe I should refer it to as my study from now on. My dad was never coming back now was he. I kept replaying the scenes from yesterday. What went wrong? Why would they target my pack? How come my dad was killed by rogues? Why were my parents alone at the border at one am? Where were all the warriors? Endless questions plaguing me, I barely had any sleep last night. Giving up on the idea of sleep I made my way to the study. Moments later I find Matthew entering the study cautiously.

"Hey. You must be resting. You were injured pretty bad last night." He said after a moment of silence.

"Did you have anything to do with what happened last night?" I ask. I watch his expression as it turns from shock to disbelief and finally settling on hurt.

"Do you really want me answer that?" He asked. A little bit of anger seeping in his voice but the hurt still present. I silently raise my eyebrow asking him to answer.

"Of course not!" He almost screams.

"I had to ask Matthew." I say coldly.

"I loved your dad Ali. I would never betray my Alpha. Not your dad. Not even you." He said solemnly.

"Good to know. I know you must have felt me accepting the Alpha title." He nodded. "I am appointing you as my Beta. I need you by side to help run the pack." I say.

He stands straight and says "I will not let you down." I nod at him. I know I can trust him to be my beta.

"I have many questions for you Matt. Something is not right with what happened yesterday but first I need you to assemble all pack members in the arena by 10."

"Ok. May I ask what this is about?" He asks hesitantly.

"I have to make a formal announcement of taking over the Alpha position. I'm sure we will face some resistance." I say.

He looks like he wants to argue but at the last moment he just nods.

"I want the funeral to be held by evening today." I say.

"But Ali there will be no enough time to call all the other Alphas."

"No one apart from this pack will be informed about this. By no one I mean NO one. I have made my decision and its final." I say sensing his hesitance.
He just looks at me and finally leaves after giving a small nod.

"Caleb and Vivian come to the study immediately." I mind link them. Vivian arrives first.

"How are you feeling now?" She asks. Her eyes filled with sympathy. I just give her a blank stare. Caleb enters looking hungover.

"I'm sorry for your loss Alisha." He mutters putting his head down. I was trying push down all my emotions but their looks were not helping me. So I directed my emotions towards anger.

"Where the hell were you yesterday?" I shouted. He looked embarrassed.

"I... Uh... I was sleeping." He told looking red.