Chapter Five

“Yo, Megs baby! So I heard you got drunk last night and started stripping like you were getting paid. Ha! I always knew your ass wasn’t that innocent.” Chase said as he entered my room. “How much money did you earn?”

After the incident at the gym, Chris decided to go home, shower and sleep. I let him go. I had to give him time to come to grips with everything I told him, time to regain a semblance of calm.

It might take him long to accept that he wasn’t there to protect his beloved girlfriend. I don’t blame him for anything, but he seems to believe that it was all his fault no matter what I tell him.

Boys…they’re so backwards. Ugh!

“Ever heard of knocking, dweeb? And watch your language if you’re going to be in here or I’ll go run and tell mom!” I yelled as I threw a pillow at him. It should have been like a book or something so I could knock him out but that was farther from reach.

He’s so annoying sometimes. I swear.

“Oh shut up sis.” He scoffed. “You know you love me. I mean who can resist this cute angelic face of mine?” he asked striking a weird sideways pose. He looked like he had to use the bathroom or something.”

“Uh, Chase? You look like you gotta go pee or something.” I said, still looking at him funny cuz now he was all tapping his feet with a leg over the other, still in that weird pose.

“Be right back!” he squeaked out before running out the room. You see what I mean? Boys are so weird, I tell ya. He would have probably stayed there and held it if I hadn’t mentioned anything.

“So, you got screwed last night, huh?” I nearly jumped right through my ceiling. How did he get back so fast from the bathroom? My heart was pounding all of a sudden now, wondering if he knew.

Did he know? No he didn’t. He was just being his crazy annoying self.

“You are so nasty.” I said in mild disgust. “I can’t believe we’re even related. You must be adopted. It’s the only explanation. Now, where were you yesterday anyway?” I was trying to change the subject. I can’t tell him yet.

“Yesterday was Saturday, Meg. You know every Saturday I go to Lance’s house.” He said.

“Uh huh, I wonder why.” I gave him the skeptic look. He rolled his eyes. Lance is the biggest jerk in the whole school. Every Saturday he organizes a little ‘get-together’ with his friends and invites the nastiest girls in town over.

“To do homework, why else?” he asked smiling like an idiot. I wanted to slap him sometimes. Have I mentioned how utterly annoying he can be?

“Of course…yeah. Homework. I can’t believe our parents fall for that bull.” I said getting off my bed and walking towards the door. I opened it wide and gave him a pointed glare.

“Well, I do have all A’s in school. That might be the reason why they believe this so-called bull, little sis.”  I opened the door wider, my glare more prominent. I can’t believe he still doesn’t get it.

He stared from me to the door then back again before realization dawned and he frowned at me. “You want me to leave?” he asked, his brows furrowed.

“No, Chase, I’m holding the door open to let the air pass in.” I said sarcastically. “Of course I want you to leave. Buh-bye.” I pushed his back with my free hand even though I couldn’t really budge him.

“You’re so rude. I can’t believe we’re even related.” He said mocking me as he walked out. He kept walking down the hall until he stopped and turned back facing me.