Chapter Twenty six

Rubbing my hands together I looked around. The stands where crowed to the very last seat along with people standing around the gates. The arena was freshly painted and had the deepest sand I have yet to see in a arena.

My dark blue chaps hang lossly around my legs as I heard more clicks of the spurs. The cowboys looked just as nervouse as I felt. My blood was full of kept up adrenalin, my palms sweated with fear, and my legs could barley hold me up. I could hear the cowd shout as the last bronco rider went.

That was it. Bulls where next and as soon as bulls went I was the eighth up. It wouldn't be long now. I watched the rider slam into the ground. Another butt full of sand. Tucking my hand under my helmet I tucked in a free strand of hair nervously.

I took two steps back before heading to the excite of the cowboy pit. Just as I was a step out a hand clasped my shoulder. Knowing the firmilar butterflies that refund their home in my stomach I turned around with a smile on my face. Like I thought Nobel stood there. His cowboy hat smashed on his head while his brown/red chaps hanging perfectly on his hips. Biting my lip I looked up at Nobel.

"Nerves getting the better of ya?" Nobel smiled underneath his hat as I answered with a grumble.

"There's nothing to fear. You've done this for the past several months. Hey" Nobel grabbed my chin bringing my eyes back up to his.

"You've done this before. Just do everything you've done before this moment" his voice was gently as he starred into my eyes. If it wasn't for this god damn helmet and the idea of being a boy I would have kissed him.

Kissed him for good luck of course. I feel like I need the most luck out of the two of us.

"If the nerves didn't get me everytime I would have to quite. For when the nerves leave so does the passion" I smiled at Nobel before turning around and heading back into the pit. Here went nothing.

□■

□■□

□■□■□

My blood ran cold as I saw what was coming for me. Sucker Punch our only bull that has a 100% buck off rate started his way to me. How lucky am I? The biggest day of my life and yet here I am....riding the bull that has a 99.9% chance of throwing me off.

Taking in the biggest breath I could handle I looked down at the bull. It's eyes were dark and unforgiving as it starred up at me. Biting my lip I tried to stay standing. If I thought it was hard to stand earlier today then I sirousely don't know how I'm standing now.

"Ready?" My thoughts were interrupted by a helper who motioned to the bull. Only if I could back out now I thought.

Carful not touch Sucker Punch with my spurs I leaned down on his white body. My hand gripped tightly to the rope as I spun it around my hands a good three times. I felt Sucker Punch tighten under me as a small warning to me. I took the warning and carefully looked over at the guy by the gate. Forcing a smile onto my face as a gave a quick nod.

What was going to happen next? I left that all up to God.