Chapter Twenty two

I rubbed my hands together as the next bull came down the chute.  The hair on the back of my neck raised at the beefy eyes of the coco colored bull's eyes. I was crazy. I've know this for years. But this! This whole idea of me proving how a woman can ride a bull with the big guys was just stupid.

Biting my lip I walked closer to the Chute to see Johnny the bull stare back at me. I could picture the cartoon bulls with big red eyes and steam rolling out from their nose. Yeah I could see Johnny being one of those bulls. The helpers tightened up the ropes as I got ready to sit down on my new ride.

"Hey" I turned my head to see Nobel looking back at me with a smile.

Pausing slightly I waited for Nobel to weave his way to my side. Still smiling he grabbed under my bicep and helped me down on the bull. As the men continued to tighten the rope I felt Johnny's  muscles tense underneath me. He was ready. He was waiting. Just like the scary, and the most toughest bulls. They waited. They waited for the gate to open, then like a bomb they went off. Legs up, head down, and the rider off.

"Just breath. Your the best rider I know. Well besides me of course" Nobel sent a wink at me before releasing my arm. A small smile crossed my face as I threaded the rope across my hand. Pulling it tight I looked to the gate man. His faced seemed slightly worried as I nodded my head.

With that the gate swung up. Johnny went out swinging. My back went flat against Johnny's as his heels flew up to the stars. I could hear the blood thundering in my ears with the distance cheers of the crowd. My heart pounded as Johnny spun in a circle trying his best to fling me off of his back.  I could feel myself lose balance. My body started to slid to the outside as Johnny kept on swing his back end around. Just a little bit lo....

The ground replaced Johnny's back. My chapped covered legs smacked against the ground a foot away from the very beast that got me off. Fear light my limbs into motion as I squired up onto my feet and booking it to the fence. The crowed grew loud as well as the snort of Johnny the bull. My heart seemed to keep on pounding in till my hands grasped the cold metal bars that held my safety. The fence.

Letting out a gasp of air I looked back into the pen. There I watched the clowns try to distract the bull while the men on horses continued to loosen the rope on Johnny's ass end. I smiled as I looked up at the clock. Time had stopped. Or at lest the time on the clock. A perfect 8 second ride. It was enough to keep me in. It was enough for me to get closer to my end goal. PBR finals.