Chapter twenty one

I sighed as I leaned into Nobel's shoulder. The noise of the crowed, the stomping of hooves, and the whooping of the cowboys all seemed to be years in the past while the pond in front of me kept the world calm. The pond acted as if it was the center of the world. A world where the crickets play their strings and the frogs play their deep bass voice. As well as the wind that ever so slightly singed into the trees here and there. The center of the world singing its beautiful song.

"Its beautiful" my voice came out airy and out of breath.

Life isn't measured in the breaths we take but in the moments where our breath is taken away. I thought of the saying as I looked out against the setting summer. The clouds where painted with bright yellow, and pink colors as the clouds shimmered like freshly coated paint. The deep almost black water of the small pond reflected the sky as if glass its self.

Sighing I leaned in farther into Nobel who wrapped his arms around my waist. My back against his chest and his chin on top of my head seemed to stop the world from spinning. No adrenaline rush coursed through me. No fear of failing or having to be a good friend or even for that matter a perfect girlfriend. I was just me. Liz...a normal country girl, bullheaded, and free of chains.

"I thought you might like it" as Nobel talked I could feel his chin move against my hair. Most likely going to mess up my already screwed up hair. Smiling I listened closer to the song of the forest. The crickets chirped louder as my breathing sharpened as I felt Nobel's breathing move to my ear.

"You don't need to stay silent" his voice came out as a quite chuckle making my smile grow. As the soft breeze whispered through the pines I finally felt it touched my skin. The cold chill only making me duck more into Nobel's body.

"Nobel, Nobel. Dear Nobel" I glanced up at his face. Seeing his full attention back on me only made more butterflies fly free around in my stomach.

"That's why I like hanging out with you...I never have to talk" a slight smirk took over my lips. Nobel returned my smirk with his own devilish look.

"No talking huh?" Noble wiggled his eyebrows making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah no talking" running my hand up Noble's chest I watched his mouth hang slightly and his eyes lighten up a bit before he started to lean. Trying to hold back my smile I got up just enough to make a quick get away.

"You wish" I whispered ever so slightly in Noble's ear.

"Wh..." before Nobel could drag me into his lap I jumped up with a giggle. Laughing like an idiot I jumped of the grass and raced to the other side of the pound. Who said the pound need to stay silent for the whole night?