Chapter eleven

The next rodeo came up with in two days.

I felt both excited and nervous. I was happy that the next rodeo was here. I was excited to see what the next bull had in store. But I was nervous to see Nobel. Something inside of me told me that I didn't leave on such a high note.

I scanned the cowboy pit hopping to find the one blond cowboy I needed to get a hold of. My eyes scanned the boots and chaps just in time to see Noble throw his head back laughing. With out a second later I was marching my way up to Nobel. Lucky for me he was talking to Stephen. I grabbed his arm yanking him away with out a single word.

"Hey! Liz slow down" I didn't answer him right way.

I pulled him off to the side. I sighed before allowing my eyes to look up into his. Nobel seemed worried, confused and a little bit angry about me taking him out of the conversation.

"I feel like something happened when I was at your house and I just want to..."

"God Liz why do you think you always do something wrong?" Nobel ran his hands through his hair.

I paused mid sentence. His voice was sharp and a little harsh. If I wasn't who I was I would probably think about crying. But being the girl I was my walls built up fast. No need to be snippy with me.

"Fine. I just wanted to ask why it was so stiff at your mom's place but I guess I know why" I started to walk away.

"Your on you fucking man period!" I yelled over my shoulder. I wasn't to far away when I heard him swear under his breath.

I knew both me and him might be overreacting a little but I was pissed. I was pissed that I didn't know what I did and I was pissed that neither one of us could figure it out.

I walked straight up to the choute. My blood was boiling and I was sure a frown was plastered on my face. My temper rose and just before I came into the cowboy pit a hand latched onto my arm spinning me around. My glare hardened as I was met with Nobel's face.

"Look Liz you didn't do anything wrong" his voice was low as he starred at the ground. My eyes softened at his sad demeanor. I never wanted him to hurt. But being stubborn I put my hand on my hip.

"Then what was it?" I tried to soften my voice but it still came out as harsh as my last words. Nobel flinched at my tone making my hand fall from my hip. Now I was worried.

"It... it was my brother's birthday. He would be turning 28" Nobel kept his eyes on the ground. My heart quickened not out of anger but out of hurt.

"Would be?" My voice was as gental as a kitten as I took a step towards him. I placed my hand on Nobel's shoulder while he nodded his head. Of couse I knew what would be ment but I still had to ask. Just like when you hear someone say something shocking and you ask what even though you already heard the.

"My brother Rich went to fight in Afghanistan. He never made it back home breathing. Only his dog tags and flag was left. No remains could be saved from the IUD" Nobel's voice broke several times before his eyes met mine.

His eyes were glazed over with fresh tears. His Adam's Apple bobbed as he swallowed hard, trying his best to hold back the tears. Just seeing his broken state made me want to cry for him.

I grabbed Nobel bring him into a bear hug. I felt Noble's arms tighten around my small waist while his head buried in my hair. I ran my hand up and down his back as I felt his breathing becoming panicked. He was close to his breaking down point.

"You want to just go somewhere else Nobel?" I suggested. I felt him shake his head no.

I parted from Nobel just enough to see one tear stream down his handsome face. We stood there for awhile. My hands on his shoulders starring. Starring into eachother's eyes realizing that there was a hidden story with in both of us that no one knew.

I had a story. More to me then what meets the eye. I'm not just an ass kicking, bullriding, barrel racing, cowgirl. Just like there was a untold story of Nobel. The one below the current. The one below the bullrider with ruff edges. The smooth talking, cute looking, handsome cowboy.

We both held secrets. We both held stories and we both held a past. Some parts we will cherish for as long as we can and other parts we wish we could forget. Our stories had light happy chapters but it also had the difficult tear filled chapters. They equaled out some how. Our highs and our lows. Rather if we thought it did or not evently good has to come our way.

But one thing is for sure. You don't just wait for the good and the great to come along. You have to get up off your ass and change your life if you don't like it. Not everything can be handed to you on a plate. Sometimes you got to go find your dinner.