Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Welcome Home!

"You're sure Molly will be okay?"

Connor smiled at her from the drivers seat as she peeked back at Cameron again. It was their first time home since she was born, and Allison was freaking out about everything. She made Connor drive five miles per hour under the speed limit and had Mark waiting there to hold back Molly and Prince Willie. Everything was ready... but Allison had this terrible feeling everything would go wrong.

"Hon, she'll be fine. Stop worrying." Connor gently put his hand on her knee which she swatted away.

"Don't talk to me like a child!"

Connor glanced sideways at her. "Jeez. I thought Parker was kidding when he said women go crazy after they have babies. I didn't know he was actually telling the truth for once in his life."

Allison glared at him and crossed her arms tightly over her chest. "Yeah, well, why don't you have a baby and tell me how you feel about it."

Connor snorted and Allison looked away. They rode in silence for a few minutes before Connor finally relented. "Look, Allison. Everything's okay. Cameron is perfectly safe. Nothing's goning to happen to her, just calm down."

Allison felt her mood shift and she sighed in frustration. "I know your'e right, and I'm sorry. I so hate this whole hormone thing, I can't control my emotions anymore!" She closed her eyes and gripped Connor's outstretched hand. "Forgive me?"

"Of course!" He sighed. "How are we going to take care of a baby if we can't even go ten minutes without arguing?"

Allison laughed lightly. "Who knows." They pulled into the driveway and Allison threw off her seatbelt to look back at Cameron. "Ready to go see your room? And meet your doggie and kittie?"

Connor smiled and walked back to unbuckle her. He carried her inside behind Allison who held the door for him and ran in to find Mark in the living room. She gave Prince Willie a quick kiss and patted Molly on the head. "Thanks, Mark. I owe you one."

He smiled but didn't let go of Molly, who was struggling to go find Connor. "You let me be the god-person. This makes us even, I guess." Allison smiled back at him and waved to Connor who was waiting in the doorway. Molly barked as she saw him and he held Cameron tightly against his chest.

"Molly? You wanna meet your new baby sister?" He knelt down and let Molly gently sniff Cameron's face. She tentatively gave her a lick and wagged her tail when Cameron made a gurgling noise. Allison had found that so far, Cameron couldn't smile or make actual noises, but she was learning to interpret the sounds. This one sounded almost like a laugh.

Allison smiled and scratched Molly behind the ears. She rolled onto her back so Allison rubbed her belly, as well. She nodded at Mark who slowly released her collar. Molly immediately jumped up and ran around Connor's legs, almost causing him to trip. Allison gasped and grabbed Cameron from his arms so he wouldn't drop her. Connor nodded his thanks and dropped down to the floor to play with Molly. Mark tickled Cameron under the chin, who made another gurgling noise. Molly looked up, ears perking up, and ran over to Allison. She put her front feet on Allison's knees and looked up, even with Cameron's face. Allison held her tightly, terrified, but Molly just sniffed her. Connor slowly stood up and stared.

Molly sniffed Cameron from her head to her feet, then back to her head again. After she was satisfied, she gave her another gentle lick on the nose and jumped down to walk over to Connor. Allison glanced at Mark, wide-eyed, who smiled. "I think she made a new friend."

"I never knew a puppy could be that calm," Allison said, still in shock; Connor just smiled and gloated for  few minutes. They took Cameron to the nursery after Molly settled down. 

Mark opened the doors and smiled at the sun streaming in the room on the yellow walls. It looked like heaven, almost, with all the white pillows resembling clouds. Allison walked her around the room and then placed Cameron slowly into the crib. Cameron made another gurgling noise and grabbed a small stuffed bunny. She stuffed the ear into her mouth and Connor laughed. "Well, at least we know she's smart."

Mark smiled down at her and looked at Allison. "I told you she would love tihs room. It's so her!"

"Uh, Mark? I'm pretty sure Cameron doesn't even know who she is yet. How do you know who she is?"

Mark smiled secretively. "She's my goddaughter. I can channel her thoughts."

Connor glanced questioningly over at Mark. "Oh yeah? What is she thinking about right now?"

Mark put his hands to his temples and closed his eyes, angling his head down at a drooling Cameron. He hummed quietly and snapped his head up after a few seconds. "She is thinking that she is hungry."

Ironically, Cameron started crying then. Allison picked her up and put a bottle to her mouth. Cameron gripped it and chugged the milk quickly while she stared up at Allison's face."

Connor's eyes widened and he got down on his knees in front of Mark. He bowed down and chanted some weird sounds. "You are the Baby Whisperer!"

Allison stared at Mark skeptically who looked smugly down at Connor. "How did you do it?" she asked, gesturing down at the baby. 

Mark smiled. "She rubbed her stomach and her eyes started to water. It was either that or a diaper change, and I didn't smell anything."

"Yeah, yeah, Mr. Smarty-pants. Let's just go eat some lunch, okay? Unless you foresee something else Cameron needs." Mark put his hands to his temples again and Connor rolled his eyes. Mark snapped his head up and smiled knowingly.

"Nope. She's good!"

They walked out of the room and Allison glanced back at Cameron, who had fallen back asleep in her crib. She really was adorable.

*****

Sorry it was so short, guys!!! This was the last chapter, and I didn't want to write a lot:( epilogue coming up soon!!! look for it maybe tomorrow? yeah, probably tomorrow. Go check out my other channel, xXSnazzyReaderXx and let me know what you think of my story. Also, big news: i have the plot for the third book all figured out!! :D bet you can't guess what it is!!!! i think you'll all like it:) which leads us to the comment question: What do you think the next book is about?? Leave me a comment and the epilogue might be dedicated to you!!!

WRITE ON! 

<3 SnazzyReader