Chapter 15

Chapter 15: You've Been Served.

Allison ran home and rushed through the door. Connor was sitting on the couch, watching TV, with a bag of chips in his lap. Allison sighed and dropped her keys on the table. Connor looked up quickly and smiled when he saw her. "Hey! I didn't hear you come in!"

"Well, I'm here." She walked slowly over to the couch and threw her legs on top of Connor's. He reached down and absentmindedly rubbed her feet. 

"How was your day?"

"Great. Except, you know, the dean suspeded me and this kid Broderick, like, molested me in this coffee shop. How was yours?"

Connor's head snapped over and he grabbed her hand. "What?!"

Allison gave a sad smile. "Yeah, the dean suspended me. Apparently I wasn't allowed to be in that commerical, even it was just my voice. So I'm suspended for a week."

"No, that's not what I was reacting to." He gave her a hard look and she drew her hand back.

"Well... this guy, Broderick, he's in my Physics class. He asked me out and I thought he was just trying to be nice and then at the coffee shop, he said he wanted to date me and I said no, but when I tried to leave, he pushed me against the door and tried to make out with me."

She stopped, out of breath, and leaned against the couch, preparing for Connor's anger at her. And why wouldn't he be angry? She had kissed another guy, while she was married and pregnant. 

Connor stood up quickly and paced around the room. "What's his last name?" he asked after a while.

Allison looked up warily. "Why?"

"Just tell me."

"No."

Connor glared at her. "I need to punch this guy's face in! Now tell me who he is or I'll go to the freaking dean myself and find out!"

Allison stood up and walked over to him, her eyes wide with shock. "Wait, what?"

"This guy needs to be taught a lesson! He can't just go around..."

"I already taught him a lesson."

Connor glanced over at her, shock clear on his face. "What?"

Allison closed her eyes as she remembered beating Broderick up. Well, I snapped my head back..." She stopped and rubbed the back of her head. There was a sudden aching that she hadn't noticed. "And then I pushed him away, stepped on his foot, and left."

Connor's eyes darkened again. "You stepped on his foot? No. This guy needs to have his nose punched in."

"No, I think I broke his foot. See, last year in Health, we learned that putting intense pressure on the bones on top of the foot would cause them to break. I remember hearing this cracking noise..."

Connor smiled. "I'm so proud of you! Your first ass-kicking. Nice job!" He picked her up with surprising ease and kissed her. She closed her eyes and let him twirl her around in circles until she was dizzy. 

When he finally put her down, Allison's head was reeling, not from the twirling, but from the kiss. It felt nothing like with Broderick. Broderick had been forceful and controlling whereas Connor's kiss had been... pleasant. Like floating on a cloud.

"Thanks," Allison said after a moment of silence.

"For what?"

Allison looked down at her feet and felt heat rise to her face. "For being jealous. It made me feel a little better. I thought you'd be angry. Angry at me for kissing him, angry at me for getting suspended, angry at me for not calling you right away."

When she looked up, Connor giving her a confused look. "Angry? No! I could never be mad at you... not for this, not for anything. You are, whether I want to admit it or not, a part of me now. I have to forgive you, I have no choice. If I don't, then you might leave me... and I can't have you leave me. Ever."

He looked up, shy after his speech and declaration of unwavering love. Allison looked away and tried not to let the tears spill out of her eyes. She felt so selfish. How could she not feel like that? She loved Connor, that much was true, but... not like that. Allison hadn't even known that Connor had felt like that. "You really mean that?" she asked.

Connor smiled. "What did my engagement ring say?"

Allison took it off her finger automatically and looked down, saying the words before her eyes had time to focus. "Forever and Always."

Connor smiled and leaned down to kiss her again. Allison put her arms around his neck and let him carry her back to the couch. The lay down, Allison in front of Connor, and watched TV. Allison was happy for a few minutes. 

But then there was the knock on the door. 

***

"Mrs. Danielson?"

A little man with dark skin and purple-rimmed glasses stood at the door, clutching a few files to his chest and looking nervous, yet determined.

"Yes?"

The man shifted his weight to his other foot and adjusted his glasses. "I'm Mr. Kenneth Waldor. I have a delivery for you from Mr. Broderick Harrison."

He thrust a few papers into Alison's hands and stepped back. Allison shot Connor a quick look and he stood up quickly. While he walked over, Allison read over the papers. After the first few lines, her face paled and she silently handed the papers back to Connor. When she looked back up to Kenneth's face, Allison was angered to see that he had a smug look on his face. "Mrs. Danielson, my client, Broderick Harrison, is hereby suing you for charges of physical assault. We'll see you in court."

He turned and walked back to his car. Allison watched him drive away from the window as Connor silently read over the papers. "Well, the charges seem pretty minor. And you can actually sue him for sexual harrassment, which is more severe, I think. But anyway, I think we can avoid these charges pretty easily. If anything, you might actually be able to get some charges on him."

Allison stayed looking out the window. Her head ached and she was suddenly so, so tired. All she wanted to do was sleep. "Okay."

She heard Connor close the file. "Okay?"

"Yeah. Okay."

Allison slowly walked back to the bedroom, barely aware that Connor was following her. As she lay down on the bed, she closed her eyes. "What's wrong?" Connor asked. When Allison didn't respond, he sat on the edge of the bed next to her. "Allison! Look, we can fight this, we don't have to-"

"I don't want to fight it," she mumbled. "I'm done fighting."

"What do you mean?"

Allison slowly opened her eyes and forced herself into a sitting position. "I'm done," she repeated. "I've been fighting for years. Firghting for my life, for my career, for my husband-" Connor cringed as he quickly relived the memory of Allison pushing him away. "-fighting for you, in the end, fighting for my child, and finally fighting for my independence. And now this? No... I'm done."

Allison lay back and closed her eyes. She heard Connor sigh and gently brush her hair away from her eyes. 

"You always were stubborn," she heard him say faintly, before everything faded into the black darkness.

***** 

Hey my fabulous fans, my rad readers, my fantastic followers! How are you all doing on this fine day?? (well, night technically, but who cares?) I've had such a great day that I thought I'd take the time to update for you guys! I hope you enjoy, even if it's kind of short and not as full of drama and surprises as last time!!!! But anyway, I hope you guys enjoy! And if you want me to read your stories, just let me know, I'd be happy to! Okay, so today's comment question is: What do you like and dislike about Connor??? Leave your response in the comments and I just might dedicate the next chapter to... YOU!

WRITE ON!

<3SnazzyReader