9) DKLA

Chapter Nine
-DKLA-

Dan never wanted to leave Phil's arms. Unfortunately there was this thing called school which they'd already missed too much of.

"Aren't you worried someone will see us together?" Phil asked, after Dan had asked to walk to school with him.

Dan sighed. He did want to keep up his "reputation." Phil was kind of the opposite of the look he was going for. And Dan wanted to keep what he and Phil gad to themselves for now, at least until they figured it out. Dan shrugged, "Well we're not going to walk in snogging are we?" Honestly Dan didn't want to be anywhere but at Phil's side. Dan was scared of everything except him right now.

Phil nodded, "Alright..."

Dan quickly kissed him as they walked out of his apartment. "Thank you," he whispered.

~•~•~

"I'll see you after school, okay?" Phil said.

Dan looked scared. He wouldn't meet Phil's eyes as he nodded.

Phil put a finger under his chin and tilted his face up. "Hey, it's okay. We can work this all out," he promised before he pulled Dan into a soft kiss to calm him.

Dan smiled a little after Phil pulled away. They walked out of the shadows and into the school. Phil said a brief farewell to Dan before leaving to join his friends.

PJ stared off after Dan. "Where you just talking to Howell over there?" he asked.

"What, oh Dan? Yeah," Phil replied watching the boy walk off.

"Piece of advice for you Phil, stay away from him, okay? He'll get with anyone. He uses people. And no offense, but you're just the type to get manipulated by him," PJ warned.

"What do you mean?" Phil asked, furrowing his brow, trying not to get too defensive.

"I know his type. Don't get involved with him, Phil. It couldn't end well," he advised.

Phil looked back over at Dan who had lit a cigarette. Damn, he hadn't had one in days. Maybe he was acting so weird and anxious because he wanted to end things with Phil. Maybe he didn't actually feel anything for Phil and Phil scared him off by telling Dan he did... No. Phil told himself, Don't let PJ get into your head. He doesn't know Dan like you do.

~•~•~

The day had seemed to pass way too quickly for Dan's liking. He was stood on the street, awaiting Phil to walk home. He fidgeted nervously with his jacket. He didn't want to go home, but he did have to at some point.

Phil walked up. "You okay?" He asked quietly.

Dan simply nodded. He offered Phil his hand which Phil took without question and squeezed lightly.

They walked in tense silence until they reached Dan's house. "Call me if you need anything, okay?" Phil asked, squeezing Dan's hand.

Dan nodded, "Thanks," he whispered, mouth dry.

Phil pecked Dan on the cheek softly before letting go of his hand. "See you later, bear."

Dan mumbled a half-hearted goodbye, staring at his front door. He took a deep breath and gripped his rucksack's strap tightly, pushing his key in the door. Dan walked in, praying his mum wouldn't be awake or around.

"Hello Daniel," a voice greeted. When she spoke, his mom had the habit of sounding not quite...there.

Dan flinched at the use of his full name, knowing immediately his mother was nowhere near pleased. He turned to see his mom. She held a wine glass and was surrounded by cheap empty wine boxes. Great, this would be a fun conversation.