5) Touch

Chapter Five
-Touch-

Dan and Phil had switched out an hour into the drive. Phil was now fast asleep in the passenger's seat. Unfortunately, he had neglected to inform Dan where they were actually going. He looked too cute to wake up. Dan decided he'd just surprise him, and bring him someplace special.

Dan didn't know what he was doing. Going away with Phil for the weekend? This wasn't something two casual fuck-buddies did. This was something dedicated boyfriends did. Yet it didn't feel wrong. It was exciting. It was like anything could happen, but they weren't obligated to each other. Dan actually liked it just the way it was.

Dan didn't want to think. He didn't want to listen to his conscience. He didn't want to listen to reason. He just wanted to kiss Phil.

He smiled to himself at his decision. He knew, in the back of his mind, that it couldn't stay like this forever, but he was going to enjoy it while it lasted.

~•~•~

"Where are we?" Phil asked yawning and stretching.

"It's a surprise," Dan answered, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

What was that? Dan wondered immediately after. Then he stopped myself. Dan wasn't allowed to think this trip, he just wanted to feel. No second guessing, no worrying about consequences, just doing what feels right.

So Dan smiled and opened the car door. "Stay here," he ordered, "and no peeking."

Phil smiled at Dan, visibly surprised by his change of attitude towards Phil. Dan merely shot him a smile before walking onto a path which he had parked down the road from.

~•~•~

Phil smiled as Dan got out of the car. What had gotten into him? Phil wasn't going to complain, though, it was amazing. Perhaps it was best not to look this gift horse in the mouth.

He tapped anxiously on the dashboard wondering what Dan had in store. He looked out of the window. The street seemed pretty unremarkable, dreary apartment buildings, little shops, stuff like that. Dan had walked through a gate and into a fenced off little yard. He walked down the path and disappeared from view. Hmm.

After a few more minutes, Dan walked back, grinning widely. He had such a gorgeous smile. Phil just wished he could see it all the time. Phil stared at him, loving that he had contributed to Dan's happiness. Dan got back into the driver's seat of the car and started it again.

Phil raised an eyebrow at him but he merely grinned again. "As I said before," he reminded, "Sur-prise." He pronounced slowly.

"Fine," Phil said, pouting.

Dan smiled cheekily again, and drove us down the street a little. "Close your eyes," He requested all of a sudden.

"What?"

"C'mon I wanna surprise you!" Dan exclaimed, "Here," he reached into the back seat and pulled a sock out of his backpack.

"Oi!" Phil exclaimed as he wrapped the sock around Phil's head, covering my eyes.

"Don't worry it's clean." He laughed, tying it.

"Hmm..." Phil mumbled quietly, "Kinky."

Dan giggled again. Phil smiled at the beautiful sound, once again happy with himself for having brought upon his happiness.

They continued to drive. After a while, Phil felt the car come to a halt. Dan rolled down the window and Phil could hear him shifting to find something. He mumbled a few words that were undecipherable to me, and Phil heard the creaking of a gate opening. They drove slowly, going down hill. Phil wanted to peek, but he also didn't want to spoil the surprise.