Dancing in the Moonlight(17)

Chapter 17

"A flower my lady."  Colton said approaching me and putting a flower to my lips.  I opened my mouth and ate it trusting Colton.  It was frosting.

"I made those yesterday."  I said laughing.  Colton was wearing a tux with a red tie, fancy black shoes, and his hair was cut short!  Not a buzz cut, but short enough so that it wasn't just hanging there.

"I love your hair."  I said running my fingers through it messing it up slightly.  "It makes you look so much older, and sexy."

Colton laughed slightly picking me up by the waist and spinning me around.  He set me down and stared deeply in my eyes.  I'm suprised the whole room couldn't hear my heartbeat right now. 

"These moments.."  I paused as we started dancing.  "They're going to be rare aren't they?"  He didn't take his eyes off me.  Colton's strong side would always be there, as would mine.

"Let's just live in the moment."  Colton kissed me gently on the forhead.  "You look like a goddess"  he said dipping me.

"A goddess."  I tasted the word in my mouth as he spun me.  "I like the word."  He pulled me close to his body my chest pressed against his.

"In those shoes your almost as tall as me."  Colton said as we moved with the music.

"I'm suprised you haven't stepped on my feet yet."  I looked up into his eyes my heart fluttering like a bird.  I had to stop talking and just feel the moment.  I leaned my head on Colton's shoulder letting both of my hands wrap around his neck.  He tensed a little but slipped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.  Colton leaned his head against mine and I could feel his warm breath brush gently against my ear.  My hearts pace picked up.  I could feel his warmth soothing me.  I let Colton take the lead getting lost in the moment.  We were the only two dancing in the world right now.  Our own little world.

"Look."  The darkness was all around us, but when I looked up like Colton said, bouncing orbs of light starting lighting up the room.  They were golden and when they bounced into each other they broke off into smaller orbs.  When the smaller orbs hit each other they made a normal size orb.  It was so unreal.

"Beautiful."  I said looking up at them.

"I know."  I looked at Colton who was looking at me.  My blood rushed to my cheeks.

"The last song should be playing in a few more songs."  Lillian said coming over and nudging me.  the time had just flown by.

"Time to diss this play before wings start coming out."  Carrie said joining us.  We had timed it so that our wings came back at the start of the last song.  We all snaked through the crowd and started running down the hallways.  A couple of orbs of light chased alongside us as if we were in a race.

"Hold up."  Carrie said stopping.  She flicked off her heels and Lillian and I followed.  I noticed Tyler was holding Carrie's hand.  He had spoken up.

I looked at Colton knowing the perfect place we could be right now.  He nodded as if in agreement.

"Hey guys, we want to show you something, but we need to get my sister and Hanley first.."  I said squeezing Colton's hand.

"Race!"  Lillian yelled hopping on Cal's back.  I hiked up my dress and hopped on Colton's.

"It's on!"  Tyler said helping Carrie up on his back.  The boys started running down the hallway.  I leaned to the side on Colton shifting his weight.  He ran into Cal and Lillian, bumping into them.  We ran outside Colton and I winning, Tyler and Cal tied. 

"Thank you, thank you." I said hopping off Colton and fixing my dress.

"Luck that's all."  Cal said looking around.

"There's Ezibel and.. Hanley?"  Tyler said pointing to the garden infront  of the entrance.  They looked over at us and Ezibel dragged Hanley over.

"What are you guys doing out here?"  Ezibel said looking into my eyes worried.

"Calm down."  I said grabbing her hand taking some of her power.  A portal to the moonlit water showed before us and everybody gasped.  Colton and I looked over at each other with a knowing smile.  We stepped through it all together the moon high in the sky.  Here the moon was always a full moon and it seemed to have this glow to it.  Latella and it's suprises.

"This is amazing."  Lillian said sitting down on a rock by the water.

"Perfect picture!"  Carrie said pushing Lillian off the rock and putting an oversized camera down.  I didn't even question where she came up with it.  We all pushed together the waterfall glistening behind us as the camera snapped a photo.  Colton was holding my one hand, Ezibel my other, just like in the cave.

"I believe your last dance is mine."  I smiled as Colton swept me into his arms as a weight came onto my back.  My wings.  We flew out over the water and started dancing in the air feeling completely free.

"Have I said that you look absolutely gorgeous tonight."  I blushed.

"Beautiful and a goddess, but no not gorgeous."  I wished he would never stop with the compliments.

"Well you are, and I'm glad you didn't get stolen by your other dancing partner.  I had to get Cal to lock him up in a closet."  I laughed thinking about Justin trying to get out of a closet.  Serves him right.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it took me so long to upload these last two chapters, and thanks for so many votes!!  Considering the fact of how many I got I'm going to ask for 5 votes,comments, or fans altogether  to post two chapters in one day!  It's definately hard, especially when you have a lot of stuff to do that day!  Keep following though!  Read.Vote.Fan.Comment.!!