Leaving Home or Going Home(1)

• Dedicated to Kyle Thomas Germann

"I'm very dissapointed in you Evangeline."  His voice came out of a whirling pool of water.  Nobody had ever seen him before.  I looked down at my hands feeling ashamed of myself.  "I treated you just like the others no matter what color your wings are and yet you disobey me and the law."  I looked from the corner of my eye where my black wings were folded behind me. "Saving a human life when they are meant to die is against the Laws of Heaven.  Therefore, I hereby sentence you to a jail cell where your only company is your gaurd.  Now leave."  I felt a tug at my arm, a gaurd had already come to get me.

As we walked I thought about what I had done to get the jail sentence.  A girl, around sixteen, had been walking across the street when a drunk driver had hit her causing her to die, or at least that was supposed to happen.  I had managed to sneak past the gaurds that monitered an orb that showed what was planned to happen.  I tended to sneak in their a lot anyways, and before I had seen the incident flash across the screen, ready to happen in a few more days.  I messed around with the events, making it so that the driver wouldn't be out that day and she managed to get across the street safely.  I don't see why that's such a wrong thing?  We have thousands of people die everyday, and yet one less person gets me sent to angel jail.  The gaurd led me to a jail cell that was out in the middle of nowhere.  I stepped inside as he locked me up.  I sighed as I sat down and started twirling my brunette hair around my finger.  I might be in here for more than several centuries.  The only thing was I was the only angel that actually aged.  So what would happen to me when I got to old?  I can't re-die considering I'm already in heaven.  Hopefully at one point I'll just stop aging so I won't be old and walking around with a cane.

"You won't be in there for long."  The gaurd said catching me by surprise as he turned around to face me.  I looked up at him for the first time slightly confused.

"Aren't you supposed to ignore me?"  I asked as I looked over his body.  He had to be around eighteen with shaggy jet black hair that almost covered his gold speckled green eyes.  He wore a white clothing just like everybody else, but his seems a little tighter on his chest showing off his muscles.  I blinked and then he was in jeans instead of white flowy pants. 

"Not you Evangeline."  He crouched down so his face could be even with mine.  I stared at his jeans wondering how they had just appeared there.  I must be going crazy.

"What are you wearing?  That's against the policies." I said stating matter of factly If I was locked up in here he should too.  "The rules oblige to you also."

"Only the rules of Latella."  He said with a cocky grin as he stood up and unlocked the jail cell.  I stood up quicky wondering what he was doing.  He extended his hand out to me.  "The same goes for you."  I put my hand over his feeling it was right.  This was right, he was right, I never belonged here.  A bright light flashed before us and then I was in deep water.  I tried to suck in air, but only inhaled water.  My vision started getting cloudy.   I didn't know which way was up or down, left or right.  It was all just a blur of water. 

'This is it I'm going to die.'  I thought.  I closed my eyes and images started to play before me.  I was young, but I wasn't in Heaven.  I was outside playing with my friends in the woods.  A boy a couple years older than me popped out of the bushes his white wings spread.

"Boo!"  He screamed then started laughed.  A girl's hand was wrapped around mine tightly.  I turned to look at her to see her crying. 

"Lillian he's just a big meany.  Colton were you trying to make me cry too?"  I said pouting.  I wanted Lillian to be happier knowing that I could've cried too even though I wouldn't.

"Not you Evangeline."

I opened my eyes and leaned over to my side expelling the water from my lungs.  A girl held my hair back until I was done.  I wiped my mouth with my arm and looked at the girl.  Her soft brown eyes looked at me worried as her light brown hair fell into her face.

"Lillian?"  She wrapped me in a hug and from over her shoulder I could see Colton, the boy from my dream and my gaurd, and a boy staring at us.  Colton, a childhood friend of mine.  I started to feel Lillian shudder against me as she started crying.  I rubbed my hand on her back and made soothing sounds trying to calm her down.

"I'm so glad your back."  Lillian said pulling away and wiping the tears from her face.  "I can't believe he took you from us."  I saw Lillian's hands tighten into a fist as she got angry, her teeth gritted together.

I remember what had happened.  The same day we had ventured out into the woods from my dream, a weak light had formed before us.  On the other side was another place.  A place we had never seen.  Somebody was standing there, but I couldn't make out his features.

"Welcome to Heaven Evangeline."  The next thing I knew I was staring back at Lillian.  She started crying and trying to grab me but she couldn't and Colton was hiding so he wasn't around to help.  I was gone, and there was nothing any of us could've done about it.

"Well your back now and alive."  Lillian said as we both stood up.  I remembered Latella.  Everybody had white wings and possessed powers.  They were all fairly weak except one.  Lillian was a healer.  I remember nobody had ever figured out mine and that is why they thought my wings were black..  Here I was not called an other no matter what color my wings are..  I'm the princess.

"I'm starting to remember memories.  I dont remember you though."  I said looking up a the guy beside Colton.  He had no wings and his hair was multi-colored.  His pupils looked slitted like a cats..

"You won't."  Lillian said holding my hand.  "He came after you dissapeared and started explaining that this was all planned.  That's why I had some hope for you to come back." 

"A prophecy."  The other boy interjected.  "I'm Hanley by the way.  I had read before a prophecy.  I cannot remember it word for word, but I can remember the basics.  First off, you see that light right there?"  Hanley said looking behind me.  I truend around to see a pond where a bright light was shining from the deep as if it were the sun.  "That light is what keeps every one of us alive.  It gives us power.  Without it we weaken and die.  Lately the light has been fading, and the creatures of Latella have grown weaker."

"So the light has to be saved then?"  I asked.

"Half a key will be taken away,

but both halves will not stay.

Five must re-unite,

to save the light.

You must go,

to where one became two."

He paused.  "Evangeline you are half the key.  I'm unsure of what to, but I do know where to go.  I will bring you one condition.  You will not ask how I know this."  We all nodded in agreement.  We had to save our people, we didn't need an explanation.

"It's going to be a three days journey and it's not easy to get there.  We can't fly either, not only because I can't, but their are monsters here like no other.  If we go by air we'll be spotted easily and certainly die."  He was so serious.  Creatures here like no other.  I wonder what that could mean.  Not even from my memories could I remember anything terrifying.  I had a feeling though that these monsters would be worse than my worst nightmares.