All Time Low-Stop The Damn Car, Jack Chapter 4

It invaded my dreams and brought me crashing back to reality. The pain in my head washed a white, hot glaze over my vision. My head felt like it had been cracked open from the inside. I tried blinking but that only made my vision unclear. With all the experience I have, when it comes down to hangovers I'm the expert. We all make mistakes with a hangover but I know exactly what to do.

Realisation swept over me, almost knocking the breath out of me. He has a girlfriend and I've been sleeping in their house. On the bedside table a glass of water with two Aspirins sat waiting for me. Aspirins never work, they don't give me that high I crave unless I take at least ten.

Tossing the thoughts to the back of my head, I swallowed the pills without the need of water. I threw the claret coloured sheets off my body, still dressed in the clothes that I arrived at Johnny's Bar in. The white walls of the bedroom were streaked with light flooding in from the open window that showed a beautiful view of an impressive flower garden.

I dropped my card next to the full glass of water; it had my name, number and address written on a picture of my candy apple red, Signature 1988 Fender Stratocaster.

My destroyed, black, Converse high tops lay waiting for me at the door. Sliding them on, leaving my shoelaces untied, I sat down on the wooden floor. My ear was plastered to the door listening for movement.

Nothing. I'm going to have to run for it.

When did I wake up? What time was it?

Crap! I have to be at the studio. I shot up and the door swung open, knocking me to the ground where I was sitting moments before.

"Wow! I'm so sorry. I just came to check on you, you know, make sure you haven't died of a hangover. Do you need anything like a bucket? I mean the last time Lisa had a hangover she didn't come out of her room for three days, um, yeah," Jack rambled as he extended his hand and I gladly took it. He gently pulled me up and I dusted off my black skinny jeans.

"I'm fine. The hangovers get easier. After about the fourth time you know what to expect," I looked passed Jack to see a short girl scowling at us. She must be the girlfriend, Lisa. Well, she seems pleasant. Lisa kept on staring daggers at me until Jack turned his head. Luckily something caught her attention down the hallway and she stalked after it.

"So do you want lunch 'cause it's one o'clock?" Jack questioned as he lead me out of the room I had slept in and down the white walls of the hallway until we reached the last door at the end. All I can say is that white walls are not very practical. If I lived here and these walls saw as many parties as I held then there would be beer dripping down the walls, leaving yellow stains and puke specks running along the skirting boards. That's what maids are for I guess but I lost the last one, Maria because apparently I have attitude. It's my job to have character and you can't be a rock star without ego.

Jack's hand waved in front of my face, inches from slapping me. I flinched away from his warm hand.

"Hey, you spaced out for a bit there," Jack laughed briefly and carried on. "So do you want lunch or a ride anywhere?"

He was being sweet but so many people know never to be nice to me because I'll just ruin their life without even realising it.

You know when your mom says, 'it takes one minute to take drugs and a whole life time to kick the habit.' Well it's true and it's going to take me a hell of a long time to kick this addiction. Then I have to pick up the pieces of my shattered life and try and put them back together like a puzzle but everyone knows that when you put a puzzle together there's always a piece missing.

"Damn!" I cursed my memory as I sprinted for the door. I could hear Jack panting lightly as he followed behind me. I didn't stop or look at Jack.

"Where is your God damn front door?" I yelled over my shoulder. Turning the corner I slammed into a hard chest and fell backwards only to be caught by two waiting arms. Jack's warm hands clasped mine and pulled me away from the ground that I was painfully going to fall onto, again.