Apologies and Dissapearing

Rafa's pov

That night while I'm finishing up my homework under the light of the living room, the door bell rings.

Realizing that I'm the only one downstairs I sigh and wrap a scarf around my head before trudging towards the door. Opening it, my face drops and I squint at Mikhail in front of me, dressed in a black coat and a cute little beanie which I will not mention to him how cute it is.

"Help me with my science?" He says cheekily as I stare blankly at him. I look him up and down before saying, "no," and slamming the door shut.

I'm about to walk away when suddenly he starts singing the the familiar song from frozen, "do you wanna build a snowmannnnn?" I glare at the door as he continues, "come on let's go an playyyyy."

Shaking my head I start to walk back to my comfy spot on the couch when he suddenly belts out, "I never see you anymore!!! Come out the door or I'll frikin drag you by the legs and make you help me with this crap!"

I growl and turn the handle to the door, he tumbles into me before falling backwards onto the floor. I realize he was leaning against the door, staring down at him with my hands at my hips I say, "seriously Mikhail?"

"Wow you look even prettier in this angle." He says placing a hand under his head and staring up at me.

"I don't think I'd look that pretty with my foot in your face, get up." I say, pushing his feet over and closing the door so the cold air doesn't come in.

"Alright alright," he says with a sigh before taking his jacket off and saying, "I actually don't need help with science."

"I'm aware." I say pulling my cardigan tighter around my shoulders. What help would he need, I'm pretty sure his IQ is higher than Albert Einstein's.

"I came to say sorry." He says pulling his hat off his head, revealing messy brown hair, the kind I was used to seeing ever since we were kids.

"Sorry?" I question.

"Yeah sorry. It's an adjective. Feeling regret or penitence.
Usually used as an expression of apology. Synonyms are regretful, remorseful, contrite, rueful, peniten-"

"Okay okay I get it," I said laughing lightly. My father comes downstairs at that second and says, "you forget repentant, shamefaced and abject."

Mikhail grins and gives him a slight nod before turning back to me. "So do you forgive me."

"You should be the one forgiving me Mikhail, I shouldn't have--"

"Wait wait I need to video tape this!" My father yells before rushing around looking for his phone, he realizes it's in his pocket and as he turns it on he gestures, "go on Rafa."

Mikhail and I give him a strange look and he says, "what? This is something you two will look back upon and how else can you look back upon it if I don't video tape it, now go on pretend like I'm not here."

I blink for a couple seconds before looking back at Mikhail who's eyes are twinkling in amusement. "Okay uhm well where was I? Oh yeah..I'm sorry I shouldn't have invaded so much."

He gives me a light grin as he says, "you didn't, don't worry, feel free to invade this body anytim--" a slipper is thrown at his head and I laugh as my father points a finger at him, "you better not continue that sentence."

"Sorry," Mikhail said sheepishly before looking back at me and smiling, "so we good?"

"We're great." I smile back.

"HUG HUG HUG wait no!! Don't do that!!! Back away from each other right now!!" My dad yells as he pushes us further away from each other and gives us an 'I'm watching you' gesture.

Mikhail chuckled and says, "now that we're good can we go watch some Harry Potter or something."

I nod with a grin as my father closes his phone and picks his slipper back up, awkwardly tumbling while trying to put it back on his foot.

"Baba where's Raif? We need him to sit between us so Mikhail doesn't get any ideas." I ask my father, Mikhail smirks from behind my dads shoulder and wiggles his eyebrows.

"I think ideas are great. It's good to use your brain, when I was researching astrological units I found out that the brain--"

"Yeah uhm no dad." I blunt out before he can go one of his many space talks.

"Come on uncle you can sit with us." Mikhail says walking away and plopping down onto the sofa. "Alright, you two really enjoy my company eh?" My dad says with a grin.

I awkwardly laugh and say, "yeah baba we sure do!"

Thirty minutes into the movie, my mother rushes downstairs, we all turn to her as she calmly says, "Raif's gone."

My father gives her a look and says, "which Raif?"

Mama stares back at him before facepalming and saying, "your son, Raif Muhammad Jaber Rahman Ahmed Waqas Malik, DUH??"

"Ohh yeah that one, he'll be back soon don't worry." My dad says getting up and rubbing my mothers shoulders.

Mikhail looks at me at the same time I look at him, the same thoughts rushing through our heads. We both dash up the stairs and into Raif's room.

"What's the most important thing he would need." Mikhail whispers. "Money." I reply before dashing to his drawer and pulling it open.

"It's gone. Mikhail all his savings are gone," I say turning back to stare at him, I slump onto the floor as he says, "let's just give him a few days yeah?"

"Okay."

-----------------------

Double update, hope you guys liked it