The Sixth Year

"Darlings don't be like that." Darius scolded as he pried apart the twins. Dalea and Talon had been born only five years before, on the anniversery of what should have been his wedding to Anya. But after mourning Anya, he realized that he loved Kat. After all, letting go of the the past was the best he could do. He had a family now. Kat fluttered into the room.

     "Dally, Talon, your grandmother has sweeties for you. Go and greet her." she commanded. The twins stopped their flying fists and squeeled with joy as they ran into the living room. Kat shut the door. She smiled and snaked around her husband as she drew off his cloak. The two smiled and began to kiss. As always, she let Lust into her mind.

______________________________________________________________________

It had taken Luke a little over a year to find the Village the harp had told him about. He would ask it when they passed through villages if it was the right one, but it mainly stayed silent unless it was cryptically giving directions. But finally, he had arrived. The harp was practically bussing with anticipation as they road to a large manor.

Yes!

We must make the bi-witch confess!

Luke nodded. He came to the large elaborate doors and knocked upon them thrice. An elderly woman with sad eyes opened the door as two small children who looked remarkably alike tumbled out onto the grass. The horse nickered and Luke patted its neck soothingly as he calmed it.

Ask my mother

Where to find Anya and Darius, her husband, my lover

   "Madame," he began as he started to climb off of the horse. "Could you tell me kindly if this is indeed the home of Anya and Darius?" The old woman nodded and scooped up the two children. She looked at him with squinted eyes.

    "What do you need of them?"

     "An audience, ma'am, nothing more." He looked at her hopefully. He pulled aside his cloak. "No weapons I carry ma'am. Just my harp. He held it out to her to examine. She set the children down and shooed them back into the grand home.  Madame Hearta appreciated the beauty of the carving and she was testing the strings when her eyes widened. She held the harp  close to her face and then she looked at him.

      "Where did you get the stringing for your harp?" she asked, her voice low and hollow. Luke hesitated, but he could not tell lies. It wasn't in the nature of a harpist.

       "On a large rock in a meadow by the sea. I made the strings from the little bit of cloth and the bones." Deciding he could stretch the truth a little, he said, "It was with the bones I found with the harp. I assumed it had blown there by chance." Madame Hearta held it tight to her chest.

      "Ma'am? Please loosen your grip on my harp?"

      "Will you please come inside.....?"

      "Luke. Luke the Harper." And so he did. The woman rushed him inside and shut the doors.

     "Katarina! Darius! Come quick! We may have found the answer to Anya!"