Out of three Picture

The wedding was only a few hours away. Anya couldn't believe her luck. At that moment, no one could possibly have been happier then she.

        "Sister, dearest?" Kat rounded into the room where Anya was staring in the mirror. She was most beautiful in her dress. The train was perfect, not too long, nor too short. Rather than a veil, she was crowned with a ring of white lilies. Anya turned to Kat and smiled. Not even Kat's jealousy or snide comments could ruin her happiness today. But Kat looked just as happy for her sister. Anya was confused. Shouldn't she hate me? But she didn't wonder long. "I'm sooo happy for you, An!" She linked arms with Anya. "Let's go for a walk. It can be your pre-marriage party, since you didn't have one. Just you and me!" Anya nodded happily; she was so happy that Kat was making up with her.

     Kat steered them out to the Strong Sea's beach. They walked arm-in-arm. "So where are you and Darius going to live?" she asked. Anya stopped them and closed her eyes as she painted the picture in their minds.

      "Darius has a small manor and some land by the king's own castle. The manor is the color of the sky and always smells like home. When we are married, we are going to live there. And when I look out of the window, I can see miles and miles of lovely rolling hills. It makes me think of those old tales of the Fair Folk, as though they are out there, protecting the home." Anya sighed happily. Kat smiled.

       "What a lovely home." They had come to a cliff, a place where they had dangled their legs over the edge as little girls. Kat took her arm out of Anya's and the two faced the ocean. "I will remember you when I am it's mistress." Anya turned to her, confused, at the same time that Kat pushed her over the edge.  Anya didn't scream. The fourth sin of Greed had led her sister to this point. She was dead the moment she hit the rolling waves.