Two Many Problems

Anya's heart was sunk. Had all of those wonderful days really meant nothing to him? Was she just there to be used and disposed of? Was she just a plaything for a man? But the worst blow had come from her sister's betrayl. Whenever she tried to spend time by herself, her sister would follow.

    "It isn't sooo bad, An. Your true love will come along someday..maybe." Kat would say, as she edged her sister away from the mirror to brush her own luxurious locks. And when the door was knocked on, Kat would shout, "Darius, my darling, I'm here!" and run to open the door and passionately throw herself into his waiting arms. Anya dearly wished she had never had a sister. Kat was once her best friend, her confidant. But now, she only saw Kat as her enemy.

      One day, Darius come into the home and sat down at a table with the girls and their mother. "Madame Hearta, I would like ask for your daughter's hand in marriage." Anya averted her eyes as Kat squeeled with joy and hugged the young knight. He gently pushed her off and looked the younger sister in her eyes."Kat.."he began, "You are a lovely young lady. Someday, you will make a man very proud to have you as his bride But," he looked at Anya, and she could not deny the love she say in their depths, "I loved Anya from the moment I met her. I could never live without her." Kat's heart stuck in her throat as Darius stood up and walked over to Anya. "I know I've hurt you, but I would be honored if you would have me."

        The girls' mother nodded her permission. Anya didn't know what to say. He had betrayed her. He had courted her sister. She closed her eyes. But I never stopped loving him, she thought. When she opened her eyes, she saw that he was still on his knee, a hopeful expression on his face. She looked at her sister. Kat had a neutral expression plastered across her lovely face, but she could never hide the rage behind her eyes. As she looked straight into those eyes, she knew her answer. She stood up and took his hand.

      "Now and for always, Darius." she told him. Her mother had tears in her eyes and Kat stood up and left the house, slamming the door as she left. You might be the mighty queen, sister, but even the lowly pawn can overtake the queen. You just wait. Kat thought as she walked down the path and began to plot as the third deadly sin began to consume her mind: Wrath.