The Bad Ending

Yawning, you slowly open your eyes to find yourself...

Home...

The timeline must've reset. You realized with a groan. The memories of what happened with Papyrus is still fresh in your mind. You felt your face heat up and you smiled as large as you could. I can't wait to go hiking again, just to see Papyrus once more!

The moment you finished that thought, and almost seemingly on cue, your brother opened the door, telling you to hurry up and get ready. Sighing, you rolled over and covered your eyes. I don't wanna go... Wait... wasn't I just really excited to go? You scoffed at yourself. No, why would I be excited to go hiking on Mt. Ebott? Those stories aren't true. It's just a boring mountain. Just then, you sneezed and felt your forehead, smirking to yourself. I'm sick. Now there's no way I can go!

Your mom walked in at the sound of your sneeze and felt your forehead as well. "Alright, just stay in bed. We'll be back in three hours." Your mom said with a sigh. You rolled over to the other side to hide your smile.

Toriel's P.O.V.

You sighed as you walked through the RUINS. Sans had told you that he has a feeling a human might fall down and that you need to be there for them. You would've asked why he couldn't wait for them instead, but you remembered how much of a lazy-bones he is and agreed to go check. How did Sans even know that a human was going to fall down here in the first place? You shook your head, telling yourself that he's just full of mysteries, and continued on. I agreed to this, but I am very busy. If they don't show up in the next few hours, I will have to leave.

Your P.O.V.

They left at seven. It's now 10:38. Your mom and brother just got back. At least you got to have some real fun while they went hiking on a boring mountain. You tried to chuckle, but ended up coughing and snuggling deeper into your blankets.

Toriel's P.O.V.

It's been three hours. No human is showing up. You sighed again as you headed back to the forest.

-

Sans was standing next to the large doors, waiting for you and the human. He looked at you and his smile faltered when Sans saw you alone. "I'm sorry Sans. There's no human. Now, please, I have a lot of work to take care of." You pat his head lightly before starting the long walk back to the castle.

Sans' P.O.V.

No. This can't be right. She should be here by now! Something must have happened to her. No... This was her only chance to come to Mt. Ebott. You go over the math again in your head. Just as I thought... This timeline won't reset for five to ten years. This was my last chance. The pin pricks of light in your eye sockets faded. Well... If I can't have her, then at least Papyrus can't either. You let out a dark chuckle before turning away and headed back home.

(I'm sorry this series ended up being so short. This was my first fanfiction, so I didn't really what else to do in here. Well, I hope you all enjoyed this series "These Strange Memories". If you did, please check out my oneshots as well. And please send me some ideas for it... Please. xD Well, that's it. Bye!)