Toriel...? Mom...?

(Sorry about earlier. Something weird was going on with chapter 2. Eventually, though, by going to the website, I managed to fix it and so here's chapter 3! [Y/n] means your name.)

"T-Toriel..." A name slipped out of your mouth before you even realized it. What? What am I saying? Who's Toriel? You thought as you covered your mouth in surprise.

Apparently, you spoke so softly, the goat-like creature in front of you didn't hear you and started talking. "What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth... Ah, do not be afraid, my child. I am Toriel. I- Oh!"

Once again, without your consent, your body started to move on it's own, hugging Toriel. So you're Toriel... Why did I know your name? You wanted to ask aloud, but you were sure she would be just as confused as you are. "Thank you," you whispered before finally breaking off the hug. You thought that it was for saving you from Flowey, but you felt like that "thank you" had a much deeper meaning to it.

Blinking, you looked back down at your arm. What? When did she...? It was completely healed.

Toriel beamed a bright smile at you and lightly giggled. "That's quite alright. I'm glad you are safe... Um... Oh, please pardon my rudeness. I haven't even asked your name." She nervously smiled and you shook your head. "I-It's fine. Really. My name is [Y/n]." Toriel nodded. "Well then, [Y/n]. Please, follow me." She turned around and started walking away. You quickly followed and couldn't stop smiling. You felt deeply trusting towards her despite your initial want to distrust Toriel.

-

You followed Toriel through multiple rooms until she decided you would be okay with exploring on your own. She said she needed to prepare things for your arrival as you pulled out your phone and swapped numbers. Once Toriel left, you sighed and looked around. For the first time since you've awoken, you didn't feel much of anything, nor did you "remember" any odd memories. You continued on, room after room, puzzle after puzzle, sparing monsters left and right. Toriel called you a few times to see if you're doing alright and to ask for your preference on some things. You finally came across a room that was filled with spider webs. If it wasn't for a strong sense of foreboding that made you enter to buy their pastries, you would've NOPE'd as far away from there as possible. Putting the goods in a compartment of the backpack you hadn't used, you shivered and told yourself that you'll never touch them again for the rest of your life.

You eventually arrive to what looks like a house and quietly call out. "Um... H-Hello?"

"Oh! You're here!" You could hear Toriel's voice coming from somewhere inside. Smiling, you step in and come face-to-face with her. She holds out a slice of pie towards you and you gratefully take it. "It's butterscotch cinnamon pie! I do hope you like it." It was your turn to beam at Toriel this time. "Thank you! I'm sure it'll be delicious." Toriel smiled back and guided you to the dining room/living room to eat the pie. You hungrily ate it and sighed with content once you were finished. "That really was great! Thanks mom!" You've never slapped your hand over your mouth faster than now. You stared straight at Toriel, your cheeks flushed from embarrassment.

Suddenly, Toriel burst with laughter and you nervously laughed along. You completely regretted saying anything though because she seemed to be FULL of mom puns. Even after she led you out of the RUINS, Toriel would not stop. You softly groaned at each one, hoping she wouldn't hear. You hated puns, but you didn't want to upset her.

Soon enough, you heard a low chuckling coming from around you. You immediately stiffened up. Memories from before Toriel found you came flooding back.

"Oh! He's here! Well, I'll see you later [Y/n]." With that, Toriel left and closed the giant purple doors behind her.

You blankly stared at the door before gasping. "W-Wait! T-Toriel!" You called out, but shivered as you heard another chuckle.