A Bad Time

(I completely forgot about this part until I re watched Markiplier play Undertale for the actual quotes. I hope you don't mind a bit of a feelsy moment. Eheheh... heh... Sorry... Just to let you know, Toriel thought that it was Sans, not Flowey, that was chuckling. He was trying, and succeeded, to trick her.)

You were now in a room that looked suspiciously like where you met Flowey.

"That idiot." You felt a shiver down your spine. "Too focused on those stupid jokes to not even notice me?" You slowly turned to find him watching you. "Remember what I said? Down here, it's kill or be killed. So, you were able to play by your own rules. You spared the lives of a few monsters. Hee hee hee... I bet you feel really great. You didn't kill anybody this time!"

You were so frightened by the presence of Flowey, you were completely rooted to the spot. The mention of "this time" caused you to finally move back a little as more feelings engulfed you. All you could feel was... regret. Regret and remorse. But for some reason, you felt you didn't deserve to be forgiven.

Flowey continued, "But what will you do if you meet a relentless killer?" An image of someone popped in your head. You finally stopped shivering and glared at Flowey, somehow becoming determined from the fish-lady looking person. "You'll die and you'll die and you'll die."

Whatever determination you had in you at that moment dissipated immediately as another person flashed in your mind. You stumbled back as though you were struck and almost doubled over, holding your head as you stared at some unseen horror on the ground.

"Until you tire of trying. What will you do then? Will you kill out of frustration?!" Flowey's voice boomed at you, causing the welling tears in your eyes to spill over. "No... No, no no no NO! Please... Please stop!" You yelled as you closed your eyes. You shook your head and collapsed onto your knees. Flowey's face seemed to grow and lean over you, once again laughing maniacally. You bent down lower, your forehead almost touching the floor.

The door behind Flowey opened and he disappeared into the ground. You vaguely remember hearing someone's footsteps running towards you. "hey, hey! are... are you alright?" This voice. You've heard it before. When you first met Flowey. You can finally hear the words:

"Level of Violence."

Your eyes shoot open and you slowly raise your head. The feelings of regret, remorse and fear seemed to triple at the sight of this short skeleton. The same one you saw when Flowey had mentioned you dying over and over again. You tried to get to your feet but fell over in your rush. You pushed yourself away from him a good distance. The skeleton took a step towards you, concern written all over his face. "N-No...! St-Stay back! Please!" You grabbed the back of your head and pulled it down, trying to look smaller. "I'm sorry...! I'm sorry...! I'm sorry...!" You kept mumbling over and over and over and over... You heard another name in your head, but you weren't paying any attention to it. The short skeleton stepped back and continued to stare at you, not knowing what to do to help you.

"SANS!" You heard a voice boom the name you barely heard just a moment ago and you sobbed even harder. Why? Am I crying because of whoever this new voice came from? You wondered. You were in no control over yourself. It felt like you weren't even there, like you were just watching what was going on around you. "SANS! WHERE IS TH-" He cut off as soon as he saw you crying.

"Papyrus..." You softly whispered through the sobbing. You hardly felt the pair of gloved hands that gripped your shoulders and lightly shook you. "HUMAN! HUMAN, WHAT'S WRONG?" For some reason, you felt your heart leap at the concern for you in his voice.

These feelings... There's no way to describe them. Joy, happiness, sorrow, regret, and so many more. They were almost as strong as when you first woke up in the bed of flowers. You wanted to laugh and hug him, but push yourself away from him. You were afraid. But of who? No, I'm not afraid of Papyrus. Am I afraid of... Myself? However, there was one feeling you could tell that was overwhelmingly powerful than the rest: love. You felt such deep love for this tall skeleton and in some instances, you felt like you were truly loved back. But then, through all of the confusing feelings and memories, you were able to make out a memory.

You saw Papyrus standing in front of you. You would've smiled at seeing this lovable dork, if it weren't for the look of fear in his... eye sockets. He was holding out his hands and shivering. Papyrus! You wanted so desperately to call out to him, but your mouth wouldn't move. The next thing you saw was something slashing at Papyrus and his head... falling..... to the........ NOOOOOO!! You wanted to scream out so badly. You shook your head violently, anything to just please get rid of this nightmare! Before it finally ended, you heard Papyrus in the memory say something that made you choke up and cry even harder. "I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU, HUMAN."

It was finally gone. You felt your head slump down into Papyrus' shoulder and you tightly held onto him.

You could hear soft buzzing near you, but you were exhausted. You couldn't hardly stay awake any longer. The last thing you remember before becoming fully unconscious was you softly whimpering as Papyrus picked you up. You oddly felt very happy in that moment. And then, everything turned black...