Chapter Three

hey guys, so i know i haven't uploaded in a while but i've finally done it

hope you enjoy. please vote and comment

thanks =)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Three

Three hours, fifty-nine minutes and twenty seconds: that’s how long they took running some tests on me. They said it was necessary but for most of the hours I was left sitting on one of the squishy chairs in the lab waiting room. Once in a while a man or woman wearing a white coat would come in to take me into the lab to push syringes through my body but mostly I was left alone, sitting in the oversized waiting room.

The waiting room was nothing special (not like all the other rooms I’ve been in since I…died); it looked much like one of those waiting rooms in an ordinary hospital where the walls were covered with anti-smoking posters and other similar posters. Little tables were decorated with vases of flowers. I noticed though: those flowers, they were beautiful. White Poinciana’s they were. The only difference to this waiting room and all the others that I have had the pleasure of waiting in was that these chairs were much softer, more comfortable should we say. Also they weren’t the grey or white chairs you usually see, there were about three chairs of each colour: some blue, some pink, some yellow and even red.

I spent most of my time in the waiting room lying across three of the chairs with my right leg hanging over the edge, drawing imaginary circles in the air.

When I glanced at the clock on the wall opposite me, I began to count the hours I spent in this place when suddenly Dr Chang paced in through the automatic doors. She was not in a happy mood; her face was flushed and her eye brows furrowed. I immediately sat up and she sank down into the chair besides me. She let out a sigh of relief, closed her eyes and took a deep breath in.

“I just don’t understand; nothing is showing up,” she began, her eyes still closed. She wasn’t making sense.

“I thought I was going to meet the others, you said there were four more like me.” I didn’t query what she said. I mean, why should I?

“Yes but that was after we find out what your power is,” she explained, rubbing her temples in a circular motion.

“And…?” After waiting for so long I didn’t feel I had to be nice.

“Nothing: we found nothing! It’s so frustrating and you are officially the hardest person I have worked with. I mean ––” I cut her off.

“I’m the hardest ––” this time she cut me off. Her tone very harsh.

“Oh shut up! I’m not in the mood right now, just let me finish okay?” I nodded in response, a little shook by her outburst. “We’ve tested on every organ in your body and still nothing. I mean, your brain’s activity is higher than usual so that’s proof enough that you have a power. We’re certain that you have some sort of mind power but the tests just wouldn’t show anything specific. Everything is just so complicated with you! Huh, why is that Zaviera? Why? Answer me!”

“I…I don’t know,” I quivered a little, extremely frightened by now.

“Of course you don’t know, why would you even know? But do you realise that this puts us in a vulnerable position. I mean, how would we even know what you are capable of when the time comes to act? I along with the rest of the lab crew have been working on this for almost ninety years now and we’ve never encountered a problem like this before. Why is your body not giving us a clue?” She ranted on and on, half the things she said I didn’t even understand. It was when she took a deep breath to calm down that I took the opportunity to say something before she continued.