Chapter Seventeen

Rita's POV
I was slowly tracking my way through the forest. It was still very dark outside. I could see the moon peeking through the trees which gave me a little more light. The wind picked up and I felt my body become overwhelmed with chills so I wrapped my hands around my chest. Where did this guy run off to? I suddenly got this feeling, not a good one, that someone was watching me. I turned around and seen a shadow staring at me. My eyes widened and I began to slowly walk backwards still watching the shadow figure. It began moving toward me then quickened its pace. I turned and tried to run away but he was quicker. I heard him come right up on me when *clank*. A sound of two swords hitting each-other caused me to stop and look back. It was that guy who I was looking for, he was protecting me.

"Go hide, quickly," he said.

"Ok." I did as he said and ran behind this huge tree and peeked around it to watch them.

Guy From Rita's Dream's POV

I stopped the guy when he was about to hurt that girl. Stupid of her to wonder around the forest this late at night. I shoved the guy back and took a good look at him. He was tall and he wore a cloak that didn't show any of his body except for his face but the hood was covering most of it.

"You're the murderer that Rosalinda sent out to watch the forest."

"Maybe I am but who are you?" The guy asked.

"That is none of your concern," I said readying myself.

He smirked and ran straight toward me. He raised his arms and threw his sword at me but I quickly blocked it. We both glared at each-other then he took another swing. I dodged his attack and then I went at him. He moved but I managed to get part of his cloak.

"Ahh!! What have you done to my beautiful cloak," the guy screamed "you will pay for this." He vanished into the woods after that.

The girl came out and hugged me. I wasn't much of a hugger or a people person so I stood there awkwardly.

"Thank you," she said smiling.

"You're stupid why would you be out here in the middle of the night," I asked rudely.

Her smile quickly faded into an aggressive expression. "I'm not stupid! And I was looking for you."

"Me? Why?"

"You told me to find you in a dream so I decided I would to find some answers," she explain.

"You're out of luck I don't know anything. But I'd be happy to let you stay at my place to be safe."

She nodded and followed me to my little house. It only had one room with a bed, fireplace, and a table in it. That's all I needed.

"There's food on the fireplace if you're hungry," I said pointing over to the pot on the fire.

"Thanks I am starving," she said grabbing a bowl. I went over to the bed and took my boots off. I laid on my back looking up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes when I felt something warm curl up beside me. The girl was fast asleep and I, again, was sitting there awkwardly. I pulled the covers over us and drifted off. Why did she come to me for answers?