Chapter 27:

Tara

"I know mama, mommy's about to feed you now." I said to Hailee as we headed downstairs.

My baby girl is now three months.

"You all ready to go?" I ask kissing Zain's head as he sat at the Island with his dad's phone.

"Yeah."

"Okay, go grab your bag before you be late." I said and he put the phone down running upstairs.

"Dez did y'all eat anything for breakfast?" I ask looking around the kitchen seeing it was still spotless. "See that's why I told you to wake me up I could have made y'all something."

"And I told you to sleep in for a reason, I got it. You wake up every morning trying to make sure we good, we appreciate it we do, but relax sometimes." Dez said coming into the kitchen taking Hailee.

"Well what are y'all gonna eat?" I ask him.

"I'ma stop somewhere. Relax Tara." He said resting his forehead against mine.

"I am, I am." I said. "I just really gotta make sure my baby and man don't forget anything."

"We got it babe." He said kissing my lips.

"I can't help it sometimes." I said kissing him again before grabbing Hailee's bottle.

"Zain what are you doing?" I call up the steps.

"I'm coming mommy." He called back.

"I'ma leave ya lil ass and you ain't gonna get no McDonald's breakfast before school." Dez called up the stairs making him run down the stairs quickly with his bag.

I laughed shaking my head, "Okay see you later, love you." I said bending down to kiss him.

"See you mommy. Bye Hailee." He said waving to her making her smile as Dez handed her back to me.

"Bye nigga." I said to Dez.

"Bye babymama. See my pretty ladies later." He said kissing Hailee then me.

"Am I picking up Zain?" I ask him.

"Nah, I got it." He said.

I waited until they had left to head back upstairs with Hailee.

Over the past three months Dez has basically healed back to his normal self and normal life. And Zain's been his normal silly sweet self.

I've been back at my pastry shop more now. Not as much as I would like, but more than I was. And business is doing great so I can't complain.

I honestly thought by now me and Dez would be planning a wedding, but he hasn't mentioned getting married again so I haven't either.

I would like, no love, to be Mrs. Dezmin Clark, but either he changed his mind or was too high off pain meds to know what the fuck he was saying.

I sighed out loud as I begin burping Hailee.

"Hold on!" I called to whoever was knocking on the door.

I picked up Hailee after I finished changing her and went to see who was at the door.

I scrunched up my face seeing Lex standing there. I opened the door.

She smiled when she seen Hailee, "She's beautiful, congrats."

I nodded, "Thank you."

"Um," She started playing with her hands. "I actually came here to talk and I hope you are willing to hear what I have to say."