Chapter 6:

Four Months Later...

See that other chick you been chasing
She cute or whateva', but I could introduce you to someone much better & you know that's me, much better.

If you wanna bad bitch, makin' money, need someone to call you up when you're lonely, or put it on you real good when you want it...

********

Tara

"Lil sis I gotta tell you something." Shaun says as I come in their house putting Shae and Micah's gifts on the gift table.

It's the twins birthday today, they're turned seven, and having a party. I came a little early because I had to bring their two birthday cakes I made.

"What Shaun?" I ask checking the cakes.

"Dez got a girl."

I shrugged. "No he doesn't, but okay."

"Dead ass. You jealous?"

"No. Ain't no other chick Dez get gon' compare to me."

"Girl don't listen to Shaun. Dez told him to say that to you to see what your reaction would be." Nya said coming into the kitchen.

"Just looking out for my lil bro."

"Of course. Reason I can't go anywhere with yall because you run off any dude that tries to talk to me."

He simply shrugged making me shake my head.

"Here Shaun. Take these and go get the grill started. Make sure they stay wrapped up." Nya said giving him a pan with food.

"Yall got kids here already?" I ask.

"Yeah, some people already dropped their kids off. People are out back." I nodded.

"You know he's gonna be here today, right?" Nya asks after a while.

"Of course. It's his niece and nephew's birthday. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to avoid him forever."

"Does he really have a girl?" I couldn't help, but ask.

She rolled her eyes. "No. The nigga been struggling without you the past four months. In every way. You know that nigga don't believe in girlfriends if you're not Tara."

This time I rolled my eyes.

"Auntie Tara I need lip gloss." Shae said coming into the kitchen.

"I got you babe." I said grabbing my bag.

"Shaun gonna kill you." Nya said laughing shaking her head

"Oh just wait until he sees what I got her and he better not throw it away."

I made her a little kid beauty set, with nail polishes, lip gloss, lip balm, headbands, beads, just all types of little girly stuff I know she likes.

"Cute?" I ask Shae letting her look in my front camera as a mirror.

"Cute!" She cheers. "Let's go show daddy!" She says pulling me up.

"She be setting me up." I laughed letting her drag me along.

She dragged me to the backyard where he stood near the grill turning it on.

"Daddy look! Give me kiss." Shae said running up to him.

He picked her up about to kiss her until he seen the lipgloss and sucked his teeth. "I'ma kill you and Nya. Corrupting my baby." He says wiping her lip gloss off as she giggled.