Chapter 3:

Tara

"Babymama, babymama." Dez said rubbing on my thigh as soon as I got in his car.

I agreed to go with Dez to take Zain summer shopping, only because my son wanted me to go with them. Otherwise I would still be in bed until they got back.

"Stop nigga." I said slapping his hand away. "And don't call me that. I don't like being called that and you know it."

"Well since you ain't trying to get back with a nigga that's what I'ma call you."

I rolled my eyes. "Can we just go?" I ask.

"Give me a kiss first." He said leaning over poking his lips out making me laugh.

"No, move. Come on Dez." I laughed pushing him away from me as he began munching on my neck. "Move before Zain thinks we're together."

"Zain don't you want mommy with daddy?" He asks him making me slap his arm.

"Yup!" He cheers from the back as he was on his tablet.

"See." Dez said starting the car finally.

I rolled my eyes ignoring him.

"Mommy here, I can't open it." I look back to Zain as he held his bag of chips and juice out towards me.

"Say thank you." I said when I handed him the chips back and he just began eating them.

"Thank you mommy." He said with a mouth full. I shook my head, just like his damn daddy.

"You're welcome baby."

"He ain't a baby." Dez said.

"That's always gonna be my baby."

"I'm sure. Oh, I talked to your mom early she was like when you and Tara gonna work things out I was like I'm working on it moms."

Yeah, sure. I thought.

*

"I picked out majority of you and Zain's stuff. You was suppose to be doing all the work this time." I said as I handed Dez the bags.

"You pick out the clothes and I pick out the sneakers, that's how it's always been and how it's always gonna be." He said throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Do you always have to touch me?" I ask.

"Yup." He said.

"Can we get Mcdonald's?" Zain asks walking backwards in front of us while still holding my hand.

"Whatever you want little man." Dez answered him.

After we got our food we all sat down eating and Dez's ass would not stop touching me since he sat next to me.

"Stop Dez you're gonna get his hopes." I said pushing him away as he kissed on my neck.

"We can be together tho."

"No we can't." I said as I watched his phone go off again which he ignored, again.

His phone has been going off all day. Dez has no problem talking on the phone in front of me. The only time he does is when it's somebody he doesn't wanna talk to in front of me.

I pointed towards his phone "You don't got hoes tho, huh? Might as well answer it, ain't like you wouldn't anyways if I wasn't with you right now."

He sucked his teeth but didn't say anything as he began eating his food.

"If this is what you call working it out you're doing a horrible job." I mumbled, but I know he heard me.

*