The Life of a Demigod part 7

--------------Hey guys!!! So.......I just noticed that some of my chapters are now rated PG-13. This was accidental but now I can't fix it so although the rating is PG-13 the content will stay G. Anyways I know its been a reeeaaaallllyyyy long time but I sorta wanted to take a break. Thanks if your still reading this story! Anyways, without further ado here's chapter 7!

As I looked around me, I realized that I had no idea where to go. Every street was an unknown. I had nothing to compare this to. No way to even begin to understand where I was. Suddenly a strong wave of fear hit me. What was I doing here? Could it all even be real? I had just been kidnaped, taken from my already crazy life and shuttled into a world that I still half refused to believe existed. All I wanted was to be home. To see my mom and dad. I would even be happy to see my old algebra teacher at this point. I was surrounded by a crowd of people but at the same time entirely alone.

Suddenly I took off sprinting. It was too much. I had to go. Where, I had no idea, but away from here. I ran through street after street and hardly noticed when the small alleyways and stone roads turned into beautiful marble walkways. My lungs were burning but I didn't want to stop. Completely winded, I finally crumpeled against the side of what seemed to be someones home. Panting, I just sat staring in front of me.

"Are you alright?"

I turned to see who had spoken and discovered that I was being addressed by a beautiful young woman probably in her early twenties.

"I'm fine."

"Most people who are fine don't curl up into little balls and stare inti the distance looking like someone just killed their best friend." she replied looking at me skeptically. I just sighed and rsn my fingers throug my hair. "You new up here?"

"Ya."

"Thought so. A few of you show up around here every couple hundred years." I jerked my head up. Couple HUDRED years? Who was she? I heard my answer in a second.

"I'm Persephone."

"As in THE Persephone?" She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Yes THE goddess Persephone. Now will you tell me what's wrong?" I glanced around nervously.

"I'm reeaallyy NOT supposed to be here." She sighed.

"I guessed that too. But you ARE here so sit." I obeyed silently, still half expecting to be blown to bits any second now far wandering off to far.

"Having trouble adjusting?"

"I guess you could say that. I don't know. This isn't even supposed to be real. You're not even supposed to be real. I didn't ask to be here."

"Maybe not but once again, here is where you are. It might not be the easiest place or what you wanted, but it's what you've been given. It takes a while but if you honestly try to make the best of it things get easier. Trust me, I know."

I looked at her quietly and remembered her story. Hades had taken her against her will to the underworld to be his bride. While she was there, she had eaten just a few seeds from a pomengranet that had Bern grown in the land of the dead. Because of this, even after she had been rescued she was forced to live in the underworld a few months out of every year.

"My mother Demeter never accepted what had happened to me. Every year while I'm gone, she just let's all of her plants and work on earth die. The planent grows cold and hostile. Your kind struggle to survive winter. You can't always change your circumstances but you CAN always try to learn to adapt to them and stay happy."

She looked a little lost in sad memories. It might not have been what I wanted to hear, but age was right. I would get whatever I could out of Olympus. I stood again to go and thus time she didn't stop me.

"Thank you." I whispered as I quietly slipped away returning to the street. I retraced my steps and made my way back to the demigod quarters. I re-entered that evening with more peace than I had had for a long time. In fact I hadn't felt this way since we'd left Pennsylvania. I breathed in deeply and headed towards my cabin. Tonight I needed rest. Tomorrow I would start to figure out my new life.

Okay so thanks to anyone still reading. I promise that the next upload will be sooner. You guts are the best! Adios!