The Life of a Demigod part 4

Hey! So here is part 4! Please, please, please comment on how you think I'm doing!!!!

She stepped back and I waited for something to happen. I didn't have to wait long. Almost instantly, I began to be able to see a translucent tunnel that seemed to go up into the sky forever. The harder I stared at it, the more difficult it was to make it out. Okay, this was the weirdest dream I had ever had.  

"Let's go." Brooke said as she stepped into the tunnel and vanished. I took a deep breath. "This is just a dream. I will be fine." I told myself. And with that, I stepped in. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I hardly had time to be nervous before a found myself in a completely different world. I was in the middle of a city standing next to Brooke. I looked behind me and there was no portal, just more city. The streets looked like they had been built in anchient Rome and the white marble buildings were deffinently examples of Greek architecture. As I looked around I saw men, women, and some kids who looked to be around my age walking on the streets. I wanted desperately to wake up. To be back at home in my bed where I understood everything and was sure of what was going on, but some part of me knew that I wasn't dreaming. This was real. Brooke's voice broke through my mental wanderings.  

"Come on," she said gently, as if she understood how I was feeling,"We need to go to my headquarters and get you settled in." 

"Lead on. I'm following" I said, still in a daze. We walked for about ten minutes and arrived at a pair of gates.  

"This is the part of Olympus that was designed for Demigods. Here is where you will live, learn about our world, and train. For now, though, you need to meet the head of operation and be assigned an instructor."  

"Alright." I mumbled. "Where would he be?"  

"Probably going through paperwork in his office. He's always pretty far behind in that no matter how hard he tries to catch up." We entered the largest, most central building and walked through a maze of hallways up to a simple door. Here Brooke stopped and knocked.  

"Come in!" a voice called. Carefully Brooke pushed open the door and we walked in. Hunched over a desk doing paperwork as Brooke had predicted sat the director.  

"I brought Caleb Walker here to be introduced and assigned." Brooke stated. I was looking around the man's desk for anything with thst could tell me his name without any luck.  

"Walker" the man muttered as he got up and pulled a large book off of one of his bookshelves. "Ah. Here we are. Walker, Caleb son of Mark and Maria Walker. Am I correct?" 

"Uh ya. That's me.  

"Well than, welcome to Olympus Mr. Walker. I am the head of the Demigod department, Prometheus." 

I dug through what I remembered of my 7th grade ancient Greek history for a Prometheus. "Aren't you the Titan who's supposed to be chained to a rock for bringing fire to earth?" I questioned.  

"You are forgetting that I was rescued by Hercules. Fine young man. Anyways, after I made my way to Olympus and groveled before Zeus for a little while I was forgiven and stuck with this thankless job. Zeus said that as I loved humans so much I could be the one to deal with keeping track of them. Unfortunatly you multiply like rabbits. You will be bunking in the first cabin on the left. By tomorrow I should have found time to assign you an instructor and you will begin your training. For now just get settled in. Brooke tell him what he needs to know for now. Good day." 

Brooke led me back out of the office back into the main lobby where she grabbed a couple of papers. "Okay listen up cause I don't have time to say this more then once. Here is a map of the Demigod quarters. Your cabin, as Prometheus said is the first one on the left. The cafeteria is just to the right of this building. For now don't wander around Olympus. Stay in the Demigod quarters. Prometheus will have your instructor find you tomorrow. Good luck." 

"Thanks." I replied. She left and I walked outside and looked around me. Olympus. My new home. I took a deep breath, and started on my way.

Okay so hope you enjoyed!! This is longer!! Yay!! Remember to comment!!! Wow lots of exclamation points!!! Anyways talk to y'all later!!