Undead

Third persons POV

The seconds seemed to slow down as the bodies fell slowly to the ground. The loud thump echoed in the room followed by Klaus' evil laugh, before he disappeared leaving everyone in utter silence. Everything seemed to freeze, as the seconds dragged on. Nobody was able to say anything, the situation immobilizing them.

The growing silence was broken by the loud sobs released by Elena followed by Caroline's. Both girls fell to the ground on their knees, tears dripping from their eyes. This was followed by Jeremy sitting down taking Bonnie's hand in his as he sat down on to the hard marble floor. Tyler sat beside Caroline comforting her, while Stefan did the same to Elena, except he grasped Kayla's hand in his, while tears fell from his eyes too.

Damon seemed to be the only one who's eyes were dry. "No." He muttered. "No." He said running his hands through his hair. "This can't happen. This can't!" He said louder pacing before sitting down by Kayla, alongside Stefan. "No! No!" He said shaking her body. "Wake up! Come on angel!"

"She's gone Damon." Stefan muttered.

"Let her go." Caroline whispered, feeling sorry for him for the first time ever. How was she supposed to not, when it was clear he loved loved her? How was she not when everyone was so mean to him, but he still had humanity? It was clear that all the hurtful things said to him hurt, but Damon never showed anything...anything but his love for Kayla.

"No!" Damon denied screaming loudly. Everyone looked at him sobbing louder, not being able to comfort him.

"She can't do that." Damon muttered, his head in his hands, while his eyes watered up and tears began falling from his eyes and onto the ground.

"I'll take care of them." Tyler mutters getting up.

Caroline's eyebrows furrowed, as she looked up to Tyler with a hint of anger. "What do you mean, you'll take care of them."

"He's right." Jeremy mutters getting up with Bonnie in his arms. "The sheriff can't find out."

No body bothered arguing as they sat there, while Tyler and Jeremy walk out with the bodies secured in their arms.

~*~

Kayla POV

My eyes opened as colours and thoughts flooded my mind. I couldn't remember anything but just blacking out after we attempted to fight Klaus. I looked beside me on the bed to see Bonnie, the same as me.

"We did it. We actually did it!" Bonnie said a smile appearing on her face.

"We survived!" I screamed, hugging Bonnie.

We heard loud thumping steps, before Tyler appeared in the doorway. He relaxed as he saw us. "Good. Your awake. It had been over twelve hours, I thought you guys had actually died."

"As I said before, a plan of mine never fails." I stated proudly, my head held slightly higher than usual.

~*~

Flashback

"The plan has to be definite." Bonnie said while pacing. "It has to work." We've been discussing this for over twenty minutes and we haven't gotten anywhere yet.

"We can't take Klaus on, if we don't use the element of surprise." I said standing up from the sofa in Bonnie's living room. "At this point, I think that element is our best friend."

Bonnie nodded in agreement. "But how? As long as we're alive, Klaus is going to know, that we are the only ones with powers, and if anyone is going to kill him, it would be us."

I got up and began pacing, but stopped when all I could focus on was the sound of the heels on my boots hitting the ground.

"Then we have to make him think we're dead." I stated the mere fact knowing it's the only option right now.

"He'll never believe it." She said groaning.

"Then we make him."

"How are we going to that? Ask Damon to drive stakes through our chests?" She snapped. I raised my eyebrows at this and her face softened. "Sorry, I'm just really frustrated."

I nodded in understanding.

"Bonnie...don't you have some sort of spell, that can make an illusion of our death." I asked, seriously thinking about it.

Bonnie seemed to be in though for a second before she spoke. "No, but I think I remember reading something about it once. It would kill us for a couple of hours, then we would awake again. To us it would seem like we had a rough night and completely blacked out."

I nodded. "Can you find it?"

"I can, but we need people to carry us out, so someone doesn't burry us or do something to our body because then we can really die."

"We'll just discuss the plan with the rest of the group." I said, almost excited to carry out our diabolical plan to the beginning of the denomination of Klaus.

"Klaus won't believe it if no one is crying and upset. The reaction has to be real." She said.

"Okay then we can just pick two people to carry us out after we die." I said. "You can pick the two if you want. Also we have to make up something like an attack. He said he'd see us at the dance, so let's do it there." Bonnie nodded while I continued. "You use your magic to lock the doors and trap Klaus, you and I inside a room. Then we will both do believable attacks on him. First both you and I, will send electric jolts at him. I can do that by mixing my four elements gift, to create something that will hurt him a little. Just fire or water would be okay, but imagine if I used fire, water, earth and air. It would actually hurt him. Then you use my energy and your own to hurt him with a couple of spells. Then just do the spell and he'll think we're dead for real."

~*~

I was broke out of my trance as I heard more thumping of footsteps, before Jeremy came into the doorway. "Bonnie!" He yelled. "Hoe!" I laughed at how he acknowledged me, but my breath was taken away when Jeremy launched himself from the door and onto the queen sized bed, knocking Bonnie and I down from our sitting positions.

Bonnie groaned while I merely pushed Jeremy off of me and on to the floor.

"Ow!" Jeremy whined. "What the hell?"

"Where are we?" I asked ignoring Jeremy and looking around the unfamiliar boyish room.

"In my room." Tyler answered, sitting at the foot of the bed. "My mom never really comes into my room and I know she would be too busy to know, so here we are." I kind of felt bad considering Tyler's dad had died in a tragic fire a little before I came around, but I didn't know his dad and from what I hear he was a real jerk. Even if I did know his dad what was I supposed to say, 'I know the feeling, my parents totally abandoned me.' Apparently since his dad died his mom has been pretty busy and stressed with all the mayor stuff.

I nodded. "So does everyone know yet?"

He hesitated before answering. "I was going to tell, but I just thought that maybe Klaus may come back to see everyone's reaction so, I didn't tell."

"Okay, so that's what me and bonnie will go do now." I said getting up. "I'm guessing everyone is at the boarding house?"

"Yep. Been there since yesterday." Jeremy answered, a bored expression on his face. I wouldn't blame him, if he thought that people who were mourning over people who were going to be alive were boring.

~*~

Bonnie and I walked into the living room, which was completely silent. They didn't even look up to see who came in. They were so vulnerable. Elena was snuggled up to Stefan on the sofa with a blank expression on her face. Her eyes were bloodshot red and swollen and her face was tear stained. Caroline looked the same as she was sitting on the armchair hugging a pillow. Alaric was sitting in front of the fire drinking out of a bottle of bourbon. Stefan looked pretty sad too. His face was broodier than normal and his posture was slightly hunched up. His eyes were also bloodshot, but besides the pain and hurt in his eyes he looked almost blank.

"Hi." I said. All their heads snapped to our direction. All of them looked shocked and surprised. They seemed to be wondering if I was just some part of their imagination or if any of this was real.

"No way." Caroline whispered standing up and walking towards us, her steps slow as she came closer. With one more hesitant step forward she slowly reached out to touch my face, almost as she was afraid I was going to disappear.

When her hands made contact with my face, her hand jerked back as if she'd been shocked.

"Oh. My. God." She whispered. "How's this possible?"

"We did it to trick Klaus." Bonnie said in a small voice. Caroline grinned as she put one arm around Bonnie and one around me, engaging us both in a hug.

"Damn Caroline. I may not need to breath, but I'd like to keep my lungs intact." I said when her grip got to tight.

Just like that, everyone was hugging and talking.

"I missed you." Stefan whispered engulfing me in his arms. Stefan and I always had a good relationship, like brother and sister.

"I missed you too." I replied. Though I had been blacked out, when I awoke it felt like I haven't seen these people in forever.

"I'm going to go see Damon." I said to Stefan. He nodded understandingly as I turned towards the stairs.

Slowly climbing up, I anticipated what I would see when I entered his room. The nerves were getting the best of me, as I was barely able to climb the stairs.

Slowly and hesitantly, I tiptoed down the hall, like some scrawny teenager in a cheesy horror movie. The slow tap of my feat hitting the ground felt magnified as I continued down the hall. I tried to listen in to what Damon was doing, but all I could hear was silence.

I cautiously opened the door to Damon's room stepping in with a deep breath.

I looked around his room to see scattered glass on the floor, with plentiful of empty blood bags laying around on the floors. I guess it was better than the actual thing. But the thing that stunned me the most was the vampire sitting on the bed, among the torn pillows and blood stained sheets was Damon. Damon's eyes were bloodshot red, but his eyes didn't look sorrow filled, they looked clueless - like a drunk mans eyes. I guess it made sense since there was a bunch of bottles of assorted alcohol beverages lying around on the side tables or the broken ones on the floors.

Damon himself had a bottle in his hands. His shirt was wrinkled and unbuttoned and his jeans were sagged as he sat on the bed. "Get out." He said emotionless, his eyes never leaving from the fixated position they were in staring at his lap. He took one long swig from his bottle, closing his eyes to ease the pain.

"Why? Am I that bad?" I asked almost in a whisper as I lent against the doorframe.

His head snapped up to me, as his eyes immediately filled with emotion- sorrow, confusion, happiness, there were so many it was hard to catch them all.

"Is it really you?" He asked, his voice raspy as his eyes squinted to scrutinize me properly.

"I don't know Damon. You tell me?" I asked moving towards him.

Hie eyes squinted again almost as if he was going to attack again.

"I don't believe this. How drunk am I?" He asked to himself.

"Considering all the empty bottles laying here, I'm guessing a lot." I said taking the drink out of his hand and taking a swig from it. I hopped onto the bed, sitting beside him.

He stiffened, as I sat down beside him, my shoulder touching his. "Impossible." He whispered in his drunken state. If he was sober, he wouldn't be acting like this right now.

"Don't worry Damon, I don't bite." I said, before realizing what I had just said. "Wait... I totally do bite. I mean I am vampire afterall. But in all honesty, I don't think my victims mind at all. I bet they all think they've died and gone to heaven, when someone as beautiful as me.."

My blabbering was stopped when, I felt arms go around me, and literally squish me in their arms. "Wow. It really is you." Damon said, lightly laughing.

"Huh?" I asked stupidly.

"I've got a reason to talk about myself. Did you look at my face? It's literally out of this world, but then there is you. Beautiful? Sure, more than ever, but you are the only girl I know that talks about her looks and how amazing she is like that." Damon said laughing. "I like my women sure and confident."

I smirked. "Well then, we do make a good couple."

"That we do."

~*~

The next morning, waking up was weird to say the least. It was almost weird not worrying about things. Sure there is Klaus still lurking around somewhere, but I'd like to ignore that for now.

Today felt like a normal day. The birds were still chirping and the sun was shining bright, as I could see, from the small crack in Damon's dark curtains.

I turned my head to see Damon laying behind me. His hands were wrapped around my waist as he slept peacefully. Slowly I got out of his grip, without waking him. I moved his hands quietly away from me.

Once I was out of his grip, I turned to look at him properly. He was still sleeping in the same position, but now gripping a pillow in the replacement of me. His hair was a compelte mess on top of his head as he slept peacefully.

I looked at him properly and decided I didn't like his peaceful state. You know what they say, revenge is sweet and its served on a cold dish.

Tiptoeing, I made my way to his stereo, turning the volume level to full. I connected my phone to it then played 'Friday' by Rebecca Black, at full volume at the most annoying part.

Damon jolted awake in shock, and fell off the bed with a loud thump. I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"So you really are back, huh?" He said groaning, as he got back. "It wasn't just a dream?"

"Nope!" I said popping the 'P'.

"Damn! I had hoped it was only a dream." He joked. I smirked while he disappeared and reappeared in front of me.

"Please pretty boy, a lot more than just me returning happens in your dreams."

"Yeah? And what about yours? We all know you dream about my undeniably sexy body." Damon said. The broken and drunk guy I had seen present yesterday wasn't there anymore. Didn't this guy ever get hangovers? But I guess after a hundred years of drinking, hangovers are probably non-existent.

"Mhm. You keep telling yourself that pretty boy." I said leaning into kiss him, and just as he closed his eyes, I ran towards the door. "Told you, you wanted me."

~*~

The next few days were pretty uneventful. Everyone got used to the idea of Bonnie and I being alive again, and no one caused any further complications. Even Klaus was missing in action, he left Alaric's body the day he did it in front of Bonnie and I and didn't return. Klaus wasn't even planning anything... well at least he wasn't planning anything we know of.

By now we had figured out that we couldn't run from Klaus. He has been waiting for a doppelgänger for years, and now that he has the chance, he's going to claim everything he has ever wanted. Though that doesn't mean we have given up. Bonnie and I are still the secret weapon, and so when Elena kills Klaus, and breaks the curse, he will be in his weakest state. After keeping Elena alive somehow, Bonnie and I are to take down Klaus. Since we are the secret weapon, Bonnie is not to leave her house and I am not to leave mine. That basically means no school-which is a pro- but it also means that I get to spend the days with Damon-which has both pros and cons.

"Damon!" I yelled. "Give. The. Damn. Book. Back!"

"What if I say no?" Damon asked, after he had slipped the book somewhere into the crowded bookshelf.

"That does it!" I growled leaping from my seat and onto Damon. Damon, that lucky rascal, moved out of the way, before I could get him. That ended me face first on the ground.

"Stupid little demon." I growled, standing up and brushing the dust off myself, while mumbling death threats to Damon. From somewhere in the house, I could hear him chuckle. "You can hide, but you can't hide for ever." I taunted.

"Or can I?" I heard from behind me, but when I turned around Damon wasn't there.

"You know Damon, you will pay for taking away the book. I was just getting to the good part." I said stalking around the room, pretending to look for him. I stalked to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the counter, putting it in the sleeve of my sweater.

When I moved towards the stairs, I listened closely, and heard the whoosh of Damon moving, just as he came behind me, I turned around took the bottle out of my sleeve and dumped it on Damon. He just stood there shocked for a couple of seconds, and before he could react the door was opened and Stefan came in.

"We have a problem." He said, worry clouding his eyes.

I raised my eyebrows. "Well don't just stand there."

"Caroline and Tyler have been kidnapped. We think it's by Klaus. Alaric said that to break the curse they need a werewolf and a vampire too. That being Caroline and Tyler."

"That son of a biscuit!" I cursed.

~*~

Authors Note

Hey guys. I know my chapters have been short these last few days, but its because of school.

The last month is always pretty wild and rushed and unorganized. So when school finishes in about a week, I will hopefully have longer chapters. I hope this one is long enough though.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comment and vote and all that stuff.

And also thanks a lot for all the votes and comments I've been getting, they're well appreciated. <3

Love you guys! <3

Till next time,

Dream about bunnies, and marry an elephant,

Xxx - Tabby