A cure

• Dedicated to To All My Dearest Fans and Readers

Dedicated to my most amazing and beautiful fans and readers. Gotta nice note for you guys down in the authors note part.

~*~

Damon POV

"Jennise! Esmeralda!" I yelled out tauntingly into the house. I'd broke their door down, theirs no doubt they had heard it. These damn witches think they can play games with me.

"Jennise! I know your here! I can smell you! One of the many perks of being a blood thirsty vampire." I looked around the house that mostly consisted of white furniture and looked at all the different doors. Now if I wanted to find them, I could, but unfortunately I wasn't up to playing games today. After all could you blame me? "If you don't come out now, I'm going to tear this house apart till I find you!" I threatened, throwing down a vase. I was doing them a favour, that vase was uglier than Stefan's clothing from the fifties. That was a horrendous decade for the poor, poor boy.

Suddenly Jennise came out of one of the rooms. I smirked knowing I had already won. If these witches were actually smart enough, they'd know how to pull a few tricks to keep me a way, thankfully they have the power but not the knowledge...yet.

"What do you want Damon?" She asked. Her eyes narrowed at me following my every move and with that, my smirk grew even more.

"Call Esmeralda." I commanded. How difficult where they going to be? They're wasting my precious time in which I'd rather spend drinking, and yet here I am.

Esmeralda came out without being called and stood beside her sister.

"Your drunk Damon." She stated.

"And I'm unbelievably sexy." I said waggling my eyebrows. My sexiness has yet to defeat me...

"What does that have to do with anything?" Jennise asked.

"I thought we were stating the obvious." I said, twirling around a rose that I picked up from the table.

"What are you doing here?" Jennise asked.

"How many times did I save both your lives?" I asked studying the rose instead of their faces.

Esmeralda hesitated, but answered. "Thrice."

"Exactly. So both of you owe me three times your life, and I have a way you guys can start paying back." I said picking up a spell book from the table and going through it.

"We're not helping you." Jennise spat. I should've just let this one die, she's way to whiny.

"I wasn't asking!" I snarled at her. "Listen to me witchy and listen good. If both of you do not come with me today, than say good bye to your precious little lives."

"We'll come but this is all we owe you." Esmeralda said.

"I wasn't negotiating." I stated turning around and walking towards the door knowing they would follow. "Don't forget to grab your witch books."

~*~

"We can not cure her." Jennise said standing in front of my bed, in which Kayla was sleeping in.

"You are so naive Jennise. I told you once and I'll tell you again, if you don't cure her, I will personally kill you and make it more painful then you could imagine." I simply said leaning on the wall sipping from my glass of bourbon.

What did they think? They had a choice? Please, they are not going to have a life if they continue annoying me like this.

"We can not find a cure Damon-" Esmeralda began.

I didn't want to here her stupid rant, "Shut up Esmeralda!" I yelled turning around towards the door. "You are a witch, find a way and don't try running, I will find you."

Satisfied I headed downstairs. I couldn't stand looking at Kayla's pale face any longer, she was losing life by the second.

~*~

Esmeralda POV

I could see he loved her. Even a blind man would know he loved her, and whether my sister agrees or not, I will find a way to cure her. After all, we owe him our lives, not once but three times.

Bonnie Bennett was also helping. She was flipping through her ancestors books trying to find a suitable spell, but this case is so rare, I'd doubt she'd find a cure. There couldn't have been a single case like this in history.

I flipped through the books again before shutting them and standing up.

We all knew we were going to find nothing, so we might as well make something up of our own. A new spell, a new way and mixture of spells.

Pushing my blonde hair behind my ear, I proceeded on making up proper instructions in my head.

"First off, we'll have to fix the issue that started this all..." I began.

~*~

Third person POV

Stefan stepped into the cellar, Alaric right behind him and Elena and Bonnie outside the cell.

The cell was not in good shape at all. The small chair to the side had been tattered and the stone hard walls had numerous dents on them. Of course the dents were not large, but with a vampire's eye, they're not hard to pick up on.

The cell smelled strongly of death. The stench could be smelled across the hall. There was a lingering smell of ashes and a taint smell of blood from the bloodshed that was conceived in the cell.

Stefan approached Elijah's still body and for a second he just stood their, taking in his rough appearance, the veins that popped up all over his face only made it worse. He looked like a dead zombie from one of those cheesy zombie attack films, yet he made it look so real.

Stefan reached down and in one fast movement he pulled out the dagger.

"Just...just put it back in! This is dangerous." Elena insisted, making Stefan a little bit angry at her.

"Then would you rather Kayla stay dead?" Stefan snapped, making Elena be quiet. Elena looked guilty at the floor and bit her lip.

Stefan then continue stabbing Elijah's still body repeatedly, bleeding him out. This way when he woke up, he'd be too weak to put up a good fight.

After about an hours worth of wait, Elijah's body began to stir then, faster then you could blink he was up and standing. He growled at Stefan, while Stefan settled into a protective stance and growled back.

Elijah moved forward slowly and cautiously, but before he got a chance to make a move, Alaric had stabbed him with the dagger from the back.

Elijah for the third time in the same house, fell as dark veins covered his face. The death of Elijah times three.

~*~

Esmeralda muttered a few words holding hands with Jennise and Bonnie. The room smelled strongly of smoke and candle wax. The fire kept glistening from on and off to high and low.

Everyone else was silently waiting in one corner of the room while Damon was holding hands with the paler than ever and very still Kayla.

The witches began to raise their voices higher, while the fire on the candles grew bigger and bigger. The windows began to open and close leaving loud banging sounds, and the curtains where flying around. Papers around the room started flying in a tornado form, while books fell from shelves.

Finally with one last word, the candle lights flickered off and the wind stopped causing all flying objects to fall to the ground. The lights came on and everyone fell into pin drop silence as they waited for Kayla to awaken.

After a few seconds of tortured waiting, Kayla gasped sitting up frantically looking around the room.

Kayla POV

The whole world seemed to be spinning, yet all I could see was the darkness. The never ending darkness.

Slowly but assuredly, light seemed to be coming back. I didn't feel like I was being weighed down and my head wasn't throbbing anymore. Then out of nowhere, a sharp pang hit me in my chest and I jolted upwards into a sitting position. My eyes snapped open as I looked around. The darkness wasn't clouding me anymore, but everything still seemed blurry.

While looking around trying to get my vision back to normal, I noticed a face, focusing more, my vision began to come back. Then faster than ever my vision was clear and I could make out Damon sitting by me holding my hands.

"Damon?" I croaked, my voice was husky and came out in a sort of whisper.

A smile took up his face and I don't mean one of his infamous smirks, I mean the real deal here. I, Makayla Rae Jasmine Salvatore, received a real smile from

Damon.

"Kayla, your okay." He said with a sigh of relief as he engulfed me in his arms while squeezing the life out of me.

~*~

"I'm heading home." Elena muttered putting the bottle of vodka down.

"Me too."

"Me too."

"I'm going with her."

"I might as well go too."

After that the house was empty besides a drunk Damon and a very drunk me.

"I really really missed you." Damon said with a pout wrapping his arms around my waist while pulling me close to him.

"Me too." I said lazily putting my arms around his neck.

"What has the world come to?" He asked.

"Clearly something went wrong for us to end up together." I muttered.

Damon smirked. "Two of the worlds cockiest pricks end up together. If people knew we'd make headlines."

I sighed.

"Guess what tomorrow is?" He asked.

"Why would you ask something I don't know the answer to?" I asked, my arms still around his neck as we slowly moved to the music.

"Tomorrow is the date we've been waiting forever to go to."

~*~

Authors note:

I'd just like to say that we've come soo far since I had began writing this story. From a few hundred to almost 18 000 is a true accomplishment not just for me but for my amazing readers too. This is my 27th part of the story and I've finally realized how much I have wrote.

It's a true honour to know many of you have been reading from the beginning and are still here.

I want to thank all my amazing readers for of course reading and also voting and commenting. You have no idea how much this means to me.

Again Thanks a ton for still being here.

I do realize that the last few chapters have been pretty tense and problematic, but I'm going to try my best to get a few sweet moments in their in between kayla and Damon and make it fun! Fun! Fun!

My readers are amazing and sexy too!

Damon: but I thought I was sexy... *pouts*

Me: you are... It's just that my readers and fans... They....they.. Have this thing about them that make them sooo sexyy and irresistible.

Damon: mhmmm. You smell delicious... * damon leans down towards my neck*

Me: *about to faint* oh Damon! Marry....

Kayla: *walks in* oh hi Damon! *kisses him rather passionately.*

Me: *that little.... She steals everything.*

Ok so since the cast of TVD is taking their massive vacation in between seasons, I updated this for you! :)

Now excuse me while I go dive into the falls to save Stefan and Marry him. Then I'll go on a marry quest to kill Silus. That bastard needs to get a piece of me!