Chapter 27

Part Twenty Seven

  Waking up slowly Cheryl stretched herself out, opening one eye sleepily as she realised she was alone in the bed. Sliding herself over to Kimberley's side she twisted the pillow so that it lay lengthways in the bed, lifting her leg she lay it across the soft surface, hugging it closely to her. Wrapping her arms around it she inhaled Kimberley's scent on the cool fabric, rubbing her cheek against it.

  "You always get cosy with my cushion when I'm not here?"

  Cheryl squinted her eyes in the bright morning sun, flashing a crooked smile at her girlfriend as she brushed her sleep tousled hair from her face. Clearing her throat slightly she questioned Kim.

  "What are you doing?" she asked, sitting up slightly in the bed, pulling the sheets around her. She watched as Kimberley zipped up Cheryl's suitcase, dragging it across the floor before standing it out in the hallway. She walked back into the room, sitting herself on the edge of the bed before kissing Cheryl's cheek gently.

  "The case wasn't going to pack itself baby." she smiled. "And after you last nights little surprise I figured it was the least I could do." Kim looked down, fiddling with the ring on her little finger.

  "Couldn't it have waited?" Cheryl replied with a frown, lifting up the corner of the sheet, flashing her puppy dog eyes as she silently invited her in.

  Kimberley laughed, standing from the bed.

  "Not unless you want to miss your flight?" she chuckled, tilting her head to the side as she waited for the geordie's reaction.

  Cheryl sat up straight, grabbing at her mobile, checking the time in disbelief.

  "Lunch time...?"

  "Yep." Kim replied. "You were out for the count so I thought you must have needed it. You've gotta get up now though babes, you've got an hour before the taxi comes."

  Cheryl tossed her phone to the side, still slightly confused by the time. She leant herself back against the headboard, quickly pushing her hand against her stomach as a loud rumble echoed through the room.

  "And the bacon's under the grill..." Kimberley called over her shoulder as she left the bedroom, laughing as she heard Cheryl scramble out of the bed.

***********************

  Stepping off the plane the girls shivered in the typically British wind, wrapping their arms around themselves to retain some heat as they headed across the tarmac into the airport. Catching Cheryl's eye Kimberley grinned at her, talking loudly to be heard over the noise of the aeroplane.

  "I've had the best holiday. If it wasn't for the tour I'd never want to come home. It's been amazing doing whatever we've wanted, without the worry of being caught out." She sighed slightly at the end of her sentence, torn between her excitement for the tour and her disappointment at being back in England, where they had to hide everything.

  Glancing upwards Cheryl frowned slightly as she caught sight of a young man standing against the tall glass window of the airport departure lounge, a large camera in his hand clearly aimed in the girls direction. Nudging Kimberley's arm she gestured up, pointing him out.

  "Talking about being caught out...welcome to England. F*cking paps. Why the hell would people want to see a picture of us walking across a runway?" Cheryl asked her, laughing to herself. "Brilliant story....two fifths of Girls Aloud get off plane...how f*cking exciting." She smiled to herself, shaking her head as they entered the building.

  "The driver should be waiting for us where we arranged, we've just got to go straight through there." Kim pointed across the wide corridor as she told Cheryl, linking arms with her as she walked her towards the double doors that led to the large public area at the front of the airport.